Why all the Hate?

HKB3

For me, it's just how the overall look comes together, on any car or truck. On that MJ, to start with, it needs to be a long bed to add some more proportion to it. But ,those wheels just don't work on that truck as it is, i.e. it's an incomplete build IMO. If its gonna run those wheels, it needs more bling so the wheels are not so dominant. It needs a chrome roll/light bar, chrome push bar, chrome bumpers etc. IMO so the wheels just kinda "blend in". I still wouldn't love it, but I'd probably be ok with it vs. hate it. But seriously, for ME, the real killer is the pink coils and longarms. Again, on certain rigs the pink might actually work if there was other places of pink on it, but it would still depend on the overall package. I've said before and I'll say it again, quoting Mr. Miagi (Karate Kid): "Daniel-son, yooou need-a balance. Alllllways need-a balance."

So it's not just size or design, it's the total package. Ironically, one of your first pics of other rigs is a Brute with those same wheels, and I dig it on that truck. It's black, it's got other accessories on it, and the tires (as most have said here) are properly proportioned. And no pink. Or purple like Zoolander's LOL........ :D

i like it i just don't like that wheel STYLE(dc's are played out so hard around here). but narrow mindedness is usually the answer to hating. i say rock on do what u want and who cares.its your truck not theres.

:agree:

Just think how many mall crawlers look at you hauling you beat down trail rig to the mountains saying "what a dumb a$$". I know I have gotten that look more then once.. but most of the times I get the thumbs up, or the approval nod.

I say different strokes for different folks. I have been a participant in a few different forms of car/truck building. :huh???: I used to love my chopped and dropped s-10 I had (hard top convertible). I also did the muscle car thing... I can appreciate how much time and money some one else puts in their ride.

lol my MJ is done up minitruck style...has airride blah blah.so i guess my stroke is a lil different then everyone else here. and i don't see how a cast wheel is going to bend off road no matter the size(by off road i mean maybe climbing and mud not jumping/crawling) if that is a cast wheel of course.

After posting this pic;

I don`t understand all the hate towards larger diameter wheels? I know that MJ is far from a show winner but I can appricate when someone tries to push the envelope a bit. Now I'm not talking about 30" wheels on a Hummer or 26" wheels on an Impala but 20 inch wheels with 36" tires isn`t that bad in my book.

What do you wanna bet this guy blew his money on the ridiculous wheel/tire combo and is running those "dubs" on his stock axles.

:hijack: :hijack: :hijack:

hey guys i know that i posted a funny picture of myself

but can you please call me: project88mj, 88mj, or even by my name (Troy)

:dunno:

I'm not sure why but "zoolander" really gets under my skin in the wrong way :hateputers: :rant: