I shall name her "Double D"

DirtyComanche

Finially, some somewhat reliable transportation. Maybe. The idea is I don't wheel this one (thus the name "DD") and actually don't @#$% with it. Reality is that won't happen.

Image Not Found

Anyways, 1989, 4.0, AW4, NP242, A/C, and blah blah blah... Factory tow hooks and a rear hitch to drag me out. jamminz.gif D35 rear! And coils spirngs out of a car of some sort in the front? They're variable rate. Definatly not stock. The rear leafs seem to have been rebuilt/rearched. It has quite the rake when it's on level ground.

Plans: (when I actually have time)

-Clean the @#$%ing interior.

-ZJ coils up front, and a couple isolators to make it level.

-Trim, kill the running boards.

-Try to find some 31 A/Ts or such.

-Swing out tire carrier, or roof rack carrier.

-Roof rack

-If the rear explodes, put my disk brake 8.8 in and regear the front. Perhaps add truetrac to the front.

Oh, and fix the @#$%ing Comanche so I can do real wheeling.

I got my MJ from my dad's friend. My dad's friend knew a guy who was scrapping out his stock MJ. He took the coils and I got them with the truck. They are variable rate and are the same height as the stock coils. As well, the wire diameter is equal.

Good ol' XJs. Hope it works for ya!

Edit: err, I think the wire diameter's the same. They're too far away to check right now, but I will soon.

I doubt these coils are stock, as at ride height the variable part of them is fully compressed. And the front is a hell of a lot lower than the back. The back isn't stock though, so who knows.

I could ask the XJ yuppies at jeepforum or naxja, but I couldn't care less. I've got ZJ coils, so they'll go it.

I recently sold all the doors and hatch from my 4 door cherokee along with some misc stuff. As we walked around the garage looking at driveshafts, axle shafts, t-cases, full and partial muffler and catty convertors, D30s, 35s and 44s, alternators, and more the guys says:

"Why did we bother going to the junkyard! We should have just come here!"

jamminz.gif

I've got stock 'manche coils, and ZJ coils sitting in my garage. Along with god knows what else. Almost everything on the to-do list I have lying around.

I've been real curious to what ZJ coils Actually do. Have only heard word of mouth

I've been real curious to what ZJ coils Actually do. Have only heard word of mouth

Well they go in the same place as the stock XJ or MJ springs and hold the front end up.

:banana:

Heh-heh. I'm so funny. Anyway, I ran RE 5.5" ZJ springs in my XJ and I was real happy with them, but I can't give you any hard info because aside from not being stock ZJ springs I had lost all relevance to stock height through swapping Rusty's crap twice before I gave up and bought the REs. And I was sportin' the 2.8 which would throw everything off anyway.

Too bad DirtyComanche can't help because it's not like he's replacing stock coils... really what DirtyComanche needs to do is put stock XJ coils on, measure, and then put stock ZJ coils on and measure.

While you're at it swap the 4.0 out for a 2.5 and after measuring THAT, put back the XJ coils and measure again. How 'bout it dirty?

Science is fun! :nuts:

You talk about you picking up an XJ .... I am going to look at one friday, and if it is half of what the guy advertised it as... It will be mine

91 jeep cherokee trail rig

« Thread Started on 6/12/06 at 9:22 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale: 91 Jeep Cherokee, white, 4 dr, 6 cyl, AX-15, NP231, Dana 44 front, 8.8 rear with locker, 3.5 Skyjacker coils and shocks with 1" spacer, Rusty lower control arms, stock uppers, dakota leaf springs, RE extended shackles, extended steel brake lines front and rear, RE HD trac bar and bracket, C-Rok steering box brace and cross brace, Homemade snorkel, cut fenders to fit 33x12.5 R15 Dunlop Mud Rovers on 5 on 5.5 chrome rims, Custom front bumper, roof rack, trailer hitch, Skid Row gas skid, toyota celica front seats, CD player and aftermarket speakers, 6 NEW Five-O "disc" style 19 lbs. fuel injectors, new dynomax muffler. Located near Grafton off Rt. 17. Askin $2k OBO (757) 874-0257 BEN

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fjeepers2/d...mp;.src=ph

« Last Edit

He lowered his price to a grand.. and for that I wil part it out.. or abuse the piss out of it... all depends on what it needs to pass inspection

The stock ZJ coils should give me about an inch of lift. It's hard to say. The V8/I6 ones are different, and I honestly don't remember which these are.

Pat, looks like a deal. I'd just part it out though; I'm not into riding somebody else's girl.

I picke my new to me XJ up yesterday :D It has a lot of good parts on it like skid row gas tank skid, Optima blue top, MORE motor mounts, working CD player, Power trax locker in the 8.8, C-Rok steering plate, and RE HD trac bar and Mount, Skyjacker coils, 2" spacer, Nice homw made front bumper. Celica bucket seats, Over the knuckle steering, and DOM steering with 1 ton ends

As for the bad.. Control arm angle suck... Front drivers side UCA mount is seriously lacking, the coil buckets, or the hieght of the lift needs to be adjusted. The front axle is out of a full width rig, and the rear Isnt.

Over al it is worth the grand I paid for it.. now I just need to figure out what I want to do with it

Pics are on my Webshots Page http://community.webshots.com/user/cj7xjmj

I haven't driven the rig enough to really notice if there is a true power difference. I think the rig is almost geared right. It has 4.10's and 33's on her. It has been so long since I have driven a stick.. that it almost seems sluggish compared to my 35's on pong, and that rig is an auto