4.0 stalling on takeoff

My 92 4.0 today just started stalling when i take off. It will be idling fine when i stop but then when i give it gas to go thats when it dies. also it doesn't coast, smooth either it feels like it abruptly down shifts . It only stalls when I'm turning to the left when i take off it seems like. The truck seems to run fine other than that, any ideas, suggestions, anything?

My 92 4.0 today just started stalling when i take off. It will be idling fine when i stop but then when i give it gas to go thats when it dies. also it doesn't coast, smooth either it feels like it abruptly down shifts . It only stalls when I'm turning to the left when i take off it seems like. The truck seems to run fine other than that, any ideas, suggestions, anything?

...filled it with gas recently? ;)

or maybe you should learn how to drive!! sheesh, don't blame it on the truck that you can't operate a clutch pedal :chillin:

on a more serious note, does it seem to be losing fire or fuel? sounds more like a fuel issue to me?

...filled it with gas recently? ;)

or maybe you should learn how to drive!! sheesh, don't blame it on the truck that you can't operate a clutch pedal :chillin:

on a more serious note, does it seem to be losing fire or fuel? sounds more like a fuel issue to me?

i decided to drive it to work this morning and it ran fine on the way to work, but it started acting up as soon as i back out of my parking spot to this this afternoon. it seems as if once it is put into reverse backed up then shifted into drive then it started stalling , or trying to stall ever time i stopped. tonight and tomorrow will be spent checking on things that were mentioned to check. I might bring it to the Auto Tech center i went to in high school because i saw my old instructor today and asked him about it.

it acted like this once in the summer but it stopped after a few days so i never worried to much about it but snow is coming and i don't want to have to be wrenching in the snow.

i decided to drive it to work this morning and it ran fine on the way to work, but it started acting up as soon as i back out of my parking spot to this this afternoon. it seems as if once it is put into reverse backed up then shifted into drive then it started stalling , or trying to stall ever time i stopped. tonight and tomorrow will be spent checking on things that were mentioned to check. I might bring it to the Auto Tech center i went to in high school because i saw my old instructor today and asked him about it.

it acted like this once in the summer but it stopped after a few days so i never worried to much about it but snow is coming and i don't want to have to be wrenching in the snow.

I'm pretty sure i narrowed it down to 2 possible culprits, the IAC or distributor. will find out if it is the IAC tomorrow by taking one i know is good out of my cousin's Cherokee and testing it. Isn't that what family is for to take parts from their trucks to test.

I'm pretty sure i narrowed it down to 2 possible culprits, the IAC or distributor. will find out if it is the IAC tomorrow by taking one i know is good out of my cousin's Cherokee and testing it. Isn't that what family is for to take parts from their trucks to test.

You'd think... my brother won't let me take 29 spline shafts and spiders out of his 8.25 and put my 27 spline stuff in.. I told him he'd get a free axle oil change out of it, but still no. :roll:

the IAC was replaced today and it idles better but still stumbled under acceleration, the parts store said that if i needed a distributor they would have to order it, so we decided to wait on that. We unplugged the TPS and it didn't run as smooth but it didn't seem to stumble under acceleration, we plugged it back in and it stumbled again. this could be the problem we were chasing. the distributor will still be replaced later on down the road. we also cleaned the Xj's IAC and it idles better.