AX-15 swap?`s

I have searched/google`d/yahoo`d ect can`t find an answer. For those of you that have swapped in a AX-15 in place of the pukegoat BA-10/5, will the BA-10/5 dust plate(1/8" piece of aluminum that goes between the bell housing & the block) work with the AX-15? or do I need one form the AX-15.TIA

I scored a 96 AX-15 & 231 for $200 from the pull it yourself yard today, I did not get the aluminum plate :doh:

Thanks,

still gathering parts(new clutch,flywheel,rear main seal,slip yoke eliminator, ect) I will have a write up & pics for the DIY section. I'm off work between Christmas & New Years so I will probably do the swap then.

Do your research on the pilot bushing. All the other stuff is pretty basic, but I have seen that little bushing hold up the whole job and be quite a battle for several people doing this same thing.

already got that covered, 1973 CJ with a 304/3speed pilot bearing is supposed to do the trick :thumbsup:, I will be doing the swap at a friends transmission shop so if that doesn`t fit I`ll have options :D

Do your research on the pilot bushing. All the other stuff is pretty basic, but I have seen that little bushing hold up the whole job and be quite a battle for several people doing this same thing.

already got that covered, 1973 CJ with a 304/3speed pilot bearing is supposed to do the trick :thumbsup:, I will be doing the swap at a friends transmission shop so if that doesn`t fit I`ll have options :D

Excellent... :D Be sure to get pics to share with us in the "Project" forum. :thumbsup:

I have searched/google`d/yahoo`d ect can`t find an answer. For those of you that have swapped in a AX-15 in place of the pukegoat BA-10/5, will the BA-10/5 dust plate(1/8" piece of aluminum that goes between the bell housing & the block) work with the AX-15? or do I need one form the AX-15.TIA

I scored a 96 AX-15 & 231 for $200 from the pull it yourself yard today, I did not get the aluminum plate :doh:

While you still have the chance go back and pull the master cylinder/slave cylinder setup, pedal assembly, and dual diaphragm booster and newer master cylinder.

While you still have the chance go back and pull the master cylinder/slave cylinder setup, pedal assembly, and dual diaphragm booster and newer master cylinder.

Already got the slave/master cylinder, Why would I need the pedal assembly? l`m not worried about upgrading the brakes till later on

brake light switch changed, in short....

You can modify the "old" style to work with the new booster pushrod, but speaking from personal experience it's easy to screw up. The "new" style is a contact switch that mounts in a bracket in the pedal assembly, and all you have to do is splice two wires.

Jeff

Already got the slave/master cylinder, Why would I need the pedal assembly? l`m not worried about upgrading the brakes till later on

I would snatch up the booster (with the thin aluminum plate that goes between it and the fire wall), reservoir, and prop valve. Then you'll have them for later. :D