Dont get political

jtdesigns

Who gets YOUR vote?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets YOUR vote?

• Obama
    • McCain

On having more than a two-party system... That doesn't always work out either. Our last election was a farce. 5 parties (Liberal, Conservative, NDP, Green, Block-heads). The liberal candidate had no spine, couldn't speak either language, and really just comes off as a wuss - not leadership material. The conservative came off as a smug a-hole at times, and has some rather 'extreme right' views for the relative middle-grounds of the average Canadian. Oh, and he'd probably sell us out, just can't trust him... NDP, yeah, they're pretty much commies when it comes to most things, but they hug trees too, and quite honestly scare me MORE than any other party. Green, no chance, they're basically a pro-environment party, which would be okay if they had a economic plan to go with it... And the block-heads (properly known as the 'bloc-du-quebecois or however it is spelled) is a federal separtist party from Quebec, and they only run in Quebec... Oookay, yeah, they got my vote...

So who would you pick out of that list? IMHO, it was a matter of picking the least damaging one and hoping that nobody got a majority government. Yeah... And guess what? It came out as a minority government, so nothing gets done, but at least they don't do the WRONG thing.

The only thing going for our system is we don't drag out the process. Only a couple debates, and not really enough time to run too many different attack ads...

yeahthat.gif

I found that interesting also........where the major media has the polls leaning the other way.........

I think we'll all be surprised on 11/5 on what the majority of the public thinks also :roll:

I'm thinking the major media had this right one time before-

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/pho ... 569547.jpg

:teehee:

I don't know about the leaning...the 'pre-voting' opened here today.

Most of the folks I have heard (while around town) have been speaking about the African-American reaction to this vote (as there is a much more diverse population here). There is a great fear that Osama Obama will not win, and what the black population will do in response.

Then, to complete the irony, they speak about what they will do if he does get elected and doesn't provide for them and support thier programs.

I'll vote for McCain, but I feel if Osama wins it will be more then interesting.

I can see how to a non-political person Obama is likeable. If I didn't disagree with him politically, I'd probably like him (same with B. Clinton). Yes, they are both "smooth" talkers. I mean that in a putdown way (they're sly) and in a good way (they simply communicate very well).

My biggest gripe is the bias in the typical news outlets.

And the mindless Hollywood types "rocking the vote" gets old, too.

There are always other options in the "two party" system that we've locked ourselves into.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

--John Quincy Adams

"Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their errors, but reclaim them by enlightening them. If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, Judges, and Governors, shall all become wolves.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787