Cheap & easy light bar - and its all Jeep parts, too!

Did this last month. Sooo simple! The beauty is attaching it to the rail you can move it forward/backward to suit your style.

Grab a roof rail off any Cherokee but grab a rack too cuz they changed year to year.

Cut the rail to two 21" sections. Add the endcaps and screw to the cab roof with the rack attached so you have the spacing accurate.

Attach your fave lites and neatly hide the hot wires under the rubber moulding, wire them in series. Shrink-tube the splices. Ground each light to the rack. Ground the rack to the cab.

Run the hot wire thru the the cab via a grommet and under the panels to the dash bezel to a switch. I made my circuit protection redundant meaning the power AND ground wires both have inline fuses. I'll be damned if MY truck is gonna burn up due to a crappy install!

Personally, I think it looks professional and almost store bought. I wired mine to a illuminated rocker switch that matches the manual aux fan switch that all Jeep owners eventually install.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I used it on the following campout and YOW it lit the way all right. I get alot of inquiries as to where I got it and was it stock yadda yadda. Idiots!

Ya know.......I like this idea :D

:thumbsup:

Wondering how it would look with an additional cross bar with the one with the light mounted :hmm:

Oh......and I don't think there a limited on how many posts you can make, so keep them ideas coming :typing:

looks good :cheers: but seriously , how many different build threads do u got ?

hmm. I dunno. Also didnt know there was a limit so I will cease n desist on them. :oops:

No limit on posts - I know that I want to see all of your progress pics under one thread :brows: . This way I do not miss one moment of the transformation. Looks good x2 by the way jamminz.gif