My latest axle build/swap and front leaf conversion

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It thought about the UBEs, and what about putting a second shim backwards on top of the spring?

I can't stand buying bolts.

In case you need an explanation of the drawing:

Red is your UBE plates.

Green w/ grey are shims.

Blue is springs.

Black is axle housing, spring perches, and bolts.

8)

Haven't been posting/working much; my real job has consumed part of my life and my crazy MMA training is burning up a bunch of time. That and I've been wheeling the cherokee...

Anyways, I went out and tracked down some high nickel rod, but in order to get the size I wanted (1/4) I'd have to buy $320.67 worth! So, I settled for 1/8, and I'll just run it a little hot and suffer the consequences. Oh, the HPD44 is cut to size, and the wag axle is about to be completely dissected for my needs.

Oh, and I've built most of a truss for the isuzu 12B. Just need to fiddle with it some more.

• 4 weeks later...

Got at it today....

First I cleaned all the BS out of the way in the engine bay. And made sure the wiring could move to where I wanted it to.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Batteries are going into the back now. They should have been there before.

Uh-oh. We have a hole. Wait, it's not a boat, that's okay.

Image Not Found

I guess it's a little late to change my mind now.

Image Not Found

Mmm.

When I did my V8 swap I cut out all the wires I didn't need, the ones I had left I ran along the firewall like it should have been to start with. If you want I'll take a pic of it and post it up tomorrow. As far as cutting out the inner fenders I've been wanting to do that to mine, but I've been a bit nervous to do it. If I do decide to do it, I'm taking it all out all the way to the fire wall. That way I can attempt headers. I'll also make some kind of hoop brace that goes thru the firewall and will tie into the cage once I get that far. 8)

I've thought about narrowing it too. There's really nothing the way now. I could take 6" or so out of each side. Only problem is I don't know what I'd do with the headlights. Obviously they'd have to be moved in, but there's a TFing radiator there. Well, I guess it could go in the back too...