Valve Cover Bolts/Seal/OIL CAP??

Also I am planning on using hightemp rtv gasket maker for my valve cover gasket; does any one have any thoughts that they would like to share on that???? :cheers:

Yeah, don't do it. Spend the $40 bucks for the felpro one; you won't regret it.

Also I am planning on using hightemp rtv gasket maker for my valve cover gasket; does any one have any thoughts that they would like to share on that???? :cheers:

Bad experience????? I don't have the coin$$$$$$$ already have a tube of rtv any words of wisdom on using it?? :cheers:

X2

The FELPRO gasket is a thing of beauty. If you ever tried to seal the valve cover with a cork gasket and rtv you know what I mean. :wrench:

I used some black wrinkle paint on my cover turned out pretty nice.

:cheers:

Everything has to get expensive....................I mean everything All I wanted to do was replace the vacume hoses and paint my valve cover red for f*** sake why does everything have to brake the $100 mark well since I have already broke that amount with all three vacume hoses, valve cover gasket, thermostate + gasket, anti freeze, paint and serpintine belt :mad: I might as well get somthing els I wanted

I want to get a new oil cap like a red billit alluminum one or whatever so please give me some ideas for that ....thanks :cheers:

Everything has to get expensive....................I mean everything All I wanted to do was replace the vacume hoses and paint my valve cover red for f*** sake why does everything have to brake the $100 mark well since I have already broke that amount with all three vacume hoses, valve cover gasket, thermostate + gasket, anti freeze, paint and serpintine belt :mad: I might as well get somthing els I wanted

I want to get a new oil cap like a red billit alluminum one or whatever so please give me some ideas for that ....thanks :cheers:

I know, everytime i go to do a job, the extra stuff or the tools end up costing more than the original part.

i hate that so much. alright this owuld be pretty cool. get a cap that has a thermometer on it. ive seen them at car wal marts (autozone, advance some napa's, ect.) they arent too bad looking plus you could be like yeah well the oil in my truck runs about 240 degrees or whatever

i hate that so much. alright this owuld be pretty cool. get a cap that has a thermometer on it. ive seen them at car wal marts (autozone, advance some napa's, ect.) they arent too bad looking plus you could be like yeah well the oil in my truck runs about 240 degrees or whatever

Hmm, Sounds cool Ill have to have a look. I just don't want to get the stock yellow boring one.

I don't know if you can run one of those fancy ones...?

Anyways, the stock replacement one is like $10, and it's not yellow anymore. Kinda a grey/black. Well, it cost me $10. So I imagine it's like 2.99 in the states.

oem Is yellow still and yea 5.99 for oem replacement

the black one is 2.99 murry brand.....I think Ill just go with the black one It will match my bolts and look pretty sharp I think :brows: :cheers: