Jeep Rally in CONNECTICUT

CWLONGSHOT

http://jeeprally.org/

I have been to this since the second one! They had a bit of a hiccup last year and had to postpone. But looks like its back this year!!

Good prizes, events, Vendors, good food and some great Jeep people. OH Yea... LOTS of JEEPS!!!

I'll be there, hopefully with BOTH my Jeeps!!

You coming?

CW

There is no way to anticipate how many MJs there might be. The Great American Jeep Rally isn't a "rally," it's more of a car show for Jeeps. ALL Jeeps, and in previous years they have been liberal enough about what constitutes a "Jeep" to allow a guy to bring in an AM General Army surplus deuce and a half. There will be hundreds of Jeeps, but there might be only half a dozen MJs.

If I go, more than likely I'll have to take an XJ. Somers is an hour and a half from home, and right now my MJ doesn't like to run more than 10 or 15 minutes before cutting out.

Its a good time for sure!! Bring the wife/GF and Kids, heck even the dog!! (Pick up your poop!!!)

Go see my good buddie Lou Kiklas!! He is a vendor and a GREAT guy to deal with. If you need any jeep stuf. Lou's your man!!

CW

If anyone going to this event needs any SMALL parts I might have or be able to remove from two junker XJs, send me a PM with what you're looking for and I'll see what I have. No large body parts. I'll be in the XJ, most likely, so I'd prefer not to try to haul anything that won't fit inside.

• 3 weeks later...

Well,We just got home form the rally. Met and just missed a couple CC members!!

Jackal, good to put a face with the name!!

I also just missed Dr Thunder, sorry man, you met me pops!! (Ted Nugent wanna be)

Good show, over 600 Jeeps in attendance!! Not such a good Comanche showing, :cry: I saw 5 counting mine. Herd of, I think Jackal mentioned it, one with a 97+ front end that I didn't see.

Here are some of the highlights:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

TONS more, but you can't see them all lessin' you attend!!

CW

Image Not Found

That is one scary looking XJ...

This is a show only deal AFAIK, Its DS angles are WAY WACKED. ESP the front!!!! Verrrry scary!!! I remember talking to the guy a couple years back, he had only just finished the lift the day before and didn't even have the drive shafts in it. But its nice enough LOOKING. :roll: :D

Johnny,

I didn't see that one, Jackal mentioned it but I missed it. I saw the very clean camo camper top MJ at the front. The Red one in the pic, a Green long bed half way down on the extreme right, Then just a bit further was a blue/blk short bed and mine makes five.

I was there early and had a spot right up front with both my rigs. The TJ was to the right as you come in second row. Next to the security cabin.

Image Not Found

The MJ was all the way to the fence on the left.

Image Not Found

That's me pop!! :brows: He was enjoying himself, lounging with the dag... Thats the way Doc Thunder found him!! :roll: Here he is with my "boy" Riley.

Image Not Found

CW

I was working for Steves Jeep Country at the show but still managed to sneak out and checkout some jeeps. met CW, and 89mjpioneer, i believe i saw drthunder's MJ? good show had fun.

kinda funny, i didn't recognize CW, but i did recognize his dog :D

Yup, Riley had a good time, got to sniff lots of tail!! :roll: :roll:

Image Not Found

Its a dogs life, he gets pet by all the girls, drinks beer, pisses and craps where ever he wants and sniffs anything, anywhere, anytime he pleases. At 140# most done even object!! :eek: :eek: :D

YES, I am jealous. jamminz.gif :cheers:

CW