New Wheels?

WahooSteeler

I can get my hands on a set of Ravines for pretty cheap, so the question is stay with my Canyons, which I love, or go to Ravines which I also think look great.

I can also get my hands on another set of Canyons for a decent price if I keep mine and anybody wants some. They have about 50% tread on 30" A/Ts (not BFGs, don't remember the brand but was a major one) and full tread on the spare, total of 5 wheels and tires.

Hit me with your O-pinions on the Canyons vs. Ravines. Not much different, but different. Know what I mean?

:popcorn:

....... so the question is stay with my Canyons, which I love, or go to Ravines which I also think look great.

uhh, sir sam, not much help there. that's like saying red and maroon is not much different so go with either color. :nuts: it's personal taste. i am pretty sure i like the ravines just a little bit more, and probably because they are a little less common on MJs as the canyons. but it's one of those things that sometimes it helps to get other opinions to help make a decision.

as you can see, yes, i already have canyons. yes, i know they are nearly identical, but still different IMO. i'd probably break even for what i can sell my canyons for, which at the end of the day would probably be the only way i'd do it.

....... so the question is stay with my Canyons, which I love, or go to Ravines which I also think look great.

uhh, sir sam, not much help there. that's like saying red and maroon is not much different so go with either color. :nuts: it's personal taste. i am pretty sure i like the ravines just a little bit more, and probably because they are a little less common on MJs as the canyons. but it's one of those things that sometimes it helps to get other opinions to help make a decision.

as you can see, yes, i already have canyons. yes, i know they are nearly identical, but still different IMO. i'd probably break even for what i can sell my canyons for, which at the end of the day would probably be the only way i'd do it.

"I like my truck red, but maybe I should paint it maroon?"

And then the pragmatist in me comes out. It kinda like saying "I have the painted Moabs, but would rather have the machined face moabs"

And then the pragmatist in me comes out screaming swinging a battle axe.

IMO too much trouble for something you essentially already have.

The 15" Canyons and Ravines are definitely not the same construction-wise even though they both carry the same specs. I had Ravines on my truck w. 30" tires. I had a set of Canyons, so when I put on my 31s, I had them mounted on the Canyons just for a change. When I went to mount them on the rear, they would not clear the disk caliper; couldn't even mount the wheel by grinding the caliper. So if you ever plan on going with rear disk brakes, go with the Ravines. I think they look better too. :cheers:

The 15" Canyons and Ravines are definitely not the same construction-wise even though they both carry the same specs. I had Ravines on my truck w. 30" tires. I had a set of Canyons, so when I put on my 31s, I had them mounted on the Canyons just for a change. When I went to mount them on the rear, they would not clear the disk caliper; couldn't even mount the wheel by grinding the caliper. So if you ever plan on going with rear disk brakes, go with the Ravines. I think they look better too. :cheers:

is that a photoshop on your truck

:dunno: Who you speakin' at? :dunno:

to the OP sorry. i thought his truck was red and the gray trim? but i can be :nuts: sometimes. oh and ill buy some ravines from you :brows:

is that a photoshop on your truck

LOL, yes. I was waiting to see how long it would take someone to ask. It is a photoshop that ? (i can't remember his screen name) from here did for me. That's what I hope to have done within the next year. Whaddyathink?

Prefer the Canyons myself (anyone wanna buy a set?)...

And they look 'Dated', REALLY??? These are all 20ish Year old trucks... everything looks dated!!!

ahh, the superwade deucy. good to hear from you.

I have to make an appearance every now and then... more dramatic that way...

Quality vs. quantity?

I try to tell the wife that all the time... :eek:

Started the new position yet? How's it going?

Not officially until the 25th, but more or less... my new Director is on Vacation, my old Boss is on Vacation, so I'm or less running both groups and getting to know the new people... and figuring out how I can justify the "telecommute" for 1-2 days a week (since I only live 1.5 miles from the office, the commute is going to be a hard sell!)...

Still don't know how much extra $$$ I'm going to bring in... It never really came up, and I felt "greedy" asking... I was already overpaid for the work I was doing before, so maybe I'll at least earn what I make now.

Wade