How to: Uploading your photos into posts.

For this example I am using photobucket.com. Other free sites are out there and work in a similar fashion.

In order to make a picture show up in the forums, you must have the image hosted on the web somewhere. My preference is with Photobucket as it is very easy, they have a decent free account, or you can choose to pay the $25 per year for better service & choices. Your album to post from must be set up as Public, not Private. If you set it to private, the pics will not show.

This is the format to make a picture show on most forums...

color]

To get a URL for placement in the "img" tags, this is the process with Photobucket.

Set up an account

Make Albums as needed

Upload your pictures from the appropriate source (usually your computer). There are options for loading one at a time or multiples.

Clicking on the appropriate link for posting in forums will automatically copy it to your clipboard. It will be the "IMG" Code and with Photobucket it will automatically put the ""%20tags%20in%20for%20you.%20If%20you%20only%20copy%20a%20URL%20you%20will%20need%20to%20manually%20insert%20the%20tags...%20[img]%20before%20and after.

If you have used Photobucket...all you will need to do is right click and paste the copied code in to your post and it will show the picture. What ever hosting that you choose...PLEASE be sure to re-size your pictures down to 800 pixels wide or smaller. Huge pictures are very irritating ;) .

If you have not used Photobucket, you can copy/paste your URL in to your post, highlight it and click the buttom right above the box you are typing yout post in to automatically insert the tags around your URL.

OK...did I simplify it or is it still too much... :smart:

To me...my first few sentences should be enough without all the pics, but I went on anyway. ;) It's a pretty simple thing, but I (like many on here) have been doing it for a long time so it may not be as easy to understand as I think. :dunno:

Thanks...glad you like it. :D

He should go in to my post and copy/paste it in to a new thread without all this other stuff if it is deemed what he wants to use. Being an Admin myself on another forum, I know it is easy for him to just click edit n my post and copy everything as one and make a new sticky thread out of it.

Another image hosting option is your own ISP if they offer free space as part of your service.

I have RCN cable and I get 10Mb of space which I use for my sigs and images. You would need to use a file transfer program such as WS_FTP but once you set things up it's very easy to upload images and then add the URL into your post.

Just another option.

Another image hosting option is your own ISP if they offer free space as part of your service.

I have RCN cable and I get 10Mb of space which I use for my sigs and images. You would need to use a file transfer program such as WS_FTP but once you set things up it's very easy to upload images and then add the URL into your post.

Just another option.

Yes...there are many hosting options, but the idea of this thread is "How To" post the pictures once you have them hosted somewhere. I/we are not endorsing any one hosting service or trying to offer suggestions on services in here :cheers: .

We could start a new thread for that if needed :brows:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Don,

I ordered the Eliminator decals from the address you gave me. Going to get it repainted soon. The original owner had it repainted in 99 but clear coat coming is peeling off in several places. Give me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures. You can send me some pix of yours too. Thanks for info on finding a decal for my truck.

Rich