WTB : Rhubarb

Akula69

OK - here's the deal:

I am interested in obtaining some...and I believe folks in the northeast probably have it right about now. If you know what this stuff is, I'd like to hear from you in a PM. I am willing to pay per pound (plus shipping) for someone to send me some, say around 4-5 pounds. :brows:

I recently was in Wis. and found that is grows there. For those who don't know what it is, its a plant, and it's legal - you make pies out of it. :D

Haha......this is an odd request :rotf:

Shouldn't you have this in the Classified section......under WTB :???:

Yea, I know what it is, we use to have it in our back yard, my mother alway made pies out of it, and you can eat it raw too.

It's sold in the stores all over around here.........send me a PM with your shipping address, and I'll send you some ;)

But if you know.......Rhubarb is one sour thing......make sure you add alot of sugar to it :D

Yes its sour. And, I usually add some La. strawberries to the mix to sweeten it up, plus a little sugar. It is available here, but they charge about 3.00/lb for the stuff.

and I miss the pie... jamminz.gif

so let me get this straight. you are willing to pay to have someone like wildman in New York SHIP YOU Rhubarb when it is $3/lb in the store??? A couple thoughts or questions come to mind.

1. I assume you are hoping someone grows it or has access to free quantities, otherwise you are betting that the store price is cheap enough the shipping cost does not put you over $3/lb. combined.

2. How often do you eat a pound of it in one sitting that it is cheaper and easier for you to get through the almighty Comanche Club network vs. paying $3 to your local grocer and just enjoying yourself.

3. What is the name and cell # of your crack dealer so I can tell him to stop selling that stuff because it is eating in to your rhubarb budget and causing you to make irrational decisiions. :D

3. What is the name and cell # of your crack dealer so I can tell him to stop selling that stuff because it is eating in to your rhubarb budget and causing you to make irrational decisiions. :D

That was not nice.......you broke one of the 3 CC rules :thwak:

Rule #1: Be friendly.

Oh.....I agree about the shipping......but.....If I can find is for less than $3 a pound, and the shipping would be about $6-7.....then he's ahead.....Plus, you know the Rhubarb from north of the Mason/Dixon line is Much better :D

Wow. Did I miss the memo about taking our serious pill this week? First Eagle hammers me for poking fun on JT's "Steph" thread, now the Wildman thinks I was trying to be mean on this one. I thought the smiley at the end of the sentence was to help identify the humor in the comment?

Wow. Did I miss the memo about taking our serious pill this week? First Eagle hammers me for poking fun on JT's "Steph" thread, now the Wildman thinks I was trying to be mean on this one. I thought the smiley at the end of the sentence was to help identify the humor in the comment?

Your just being..... being..... a big butt hole.... huh!

:D

k/d'n there G-man.. You havent been on alot here recently... You finally learn how to drug the wife so you can, like me, stay up all night and talk shop with the guys???

The stupid ordinary Smiley smiley :D just don't hack it anymore Wahoo. Use the drunkin' skål toast :cheers: smiley, it's more universally understood, especially on a Friday night in this crowd. Or just say "piss off mate" as I sometimes do, of course followed by :cheers:

That whole post cracks me up!

Rhubrab grows here too! But I don't have any for you. Sorry.

You mean you won't share? :eek:

I live in an apartment. My hydroponic operation is currently busy growing something else. So rhubarb is a little scarce.

:nuts:

Well......I was just returning a little fun........I'm all for fun and games......and the first one to pull a joke on some one.......just ask JT about that :brows:

Of course........he hasn't called in quite some time......... :hmm:

But..........some things just cross the line a little too much, and what I don't like is personal insults, not saying that was one......but just some things are left unsaid, it's better that way.

Has nothing to do with taking the 'serious pill', has to do with being mature :D

I think Don's bug is getting to you Wahoo........and driving you a little :nuts:

[And don't take that as a personal insult]

:cheers:

It's all good. It just proves that emails and chat forum posts are easily misunderstood without hearing the tone of the "speaker's" voice and/or seeing their body language.

I may have been guilty of "assuming" most people on here have a decent idea of my personality after almost 1000 posts, and that it would be understood my whole post was said in jest. A little reminder now and then, such as yours, never hurts to help keep things in line or be more explicit in prefacing or concluding a post with the intent of my comments. :cheers:

Geez, all I wanted was a little plant matter..... :D

Yeah, I would get a better deal if it's less then 3.00/lb because the stuff they send down here is scrawney and really sour...even when they actually have it, which is rare. I was kinda hoping one of the guys would have it growing in his yard and wouldn't cost him anything.

My mother-in-law makes the pies and it keeps her busy...and happy, which is a good thing.

And no, I don't do crack. I'm a cop, and besides, it ruins your teeth. :D

OK........back on the subject :roll: ..........

I stop at one place, they are selling Rhubarb for $2 for a "bunch" about 10 pieces, a good pound or so.......no scale.......so guesting. I would guest that about 4 "bunches would give you about 5 pounds or so......and shipping about $6-7.......So.........your call ;)

Yes, this was thick and not scrawny looking stuff.

{off topic} -

Crack only rots out your teeth after it burns half your brain cells out ;)

Oh......and speaking from NO personal experience here.

Wahoo.......no hard feeling.......just something like that "typed" when you don't know the man, or anything about him, well, it's just down grading.

I think your expiation puts this to bed.

:cheers: