Leaf spring bushing bolts?

For those of you that needed to replace the 14mm leaf spring bolts, where did you get them? Online source? Or what did you go with if you couldn't get an exact match? The best my local hardware store has in 14mm is an "8.8" strength (comparable to grade 5) and I was hoping to find some in "10.9" (or better if I can, since I somehow managed to bend one of the 10.9s I had previously).

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products.ex ... 9323&Nty=0

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Metric Bolts > Metric Thread Size

Head Style Standard Hex

System of Measurement Metric

Metric Thread Size M14

Thread Direction Right Handed

Grade/Class

Class 10.9

DIN 931 Steel Zinc-Plated Class 10.9 2 mm 80 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 95327A739 3.24 per Pack of 1

DIN 931 Steel Zinc-Plated Class 10.9 2 mm 90 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 95327A742 3.50 per Pack of 1

DIN 931 Steel Zinc-Plated Class 10.9 2 mm 100 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 95327A745 3.54 per Pack of 1

DIN 931 Steel Black Class 10.9 2 mm 50 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 91310A786 8.20 per Pack of 5

DIN 931 Steel Black Class 10.9 2 mm 60 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 91310A788 7.05 per Pack of 5

DIN 931 Steel Black Class 10.9 2 mm 70 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 91310A790 9.17 per Pack of 5

DIN 931 Steel Black Class 10.9 2 mm 80 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 91310A792 9.81 per Pack of 5

DIN 931 Steel Black Class 10.9 2 mm 90 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 91310A794 8.31 per Pack of 5

DIN 931 Steel Black Class 10.9 2 mm 100 mm Partially Threaded Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN) 91310A796 12.14 per Pack of 5

Pete, how bad off are yours? When I redid my leafpacks, I considered replacing all the mounting hardware, but I broke out the bench grinder with the wire wheel.......what I thought was bad was really only surface rust. I cleaned my originals up and reused them. The factory stuff is case-hardened, which is kinda difficult to find unless you go dealer like Don said (at least down here it is).

Jeff

Image Not Found

Pete, how bad off are yours? When I redid my leafpacks, I considered replacing all the mounting hardware, but I broke out the bench grinder with the wire wheel.......what I thought was bad was really only surface rust. I cleaned my originals up and reused them. The factory stuff is case-hardened, which is kinda difficult to find unless you go dealer like Don said (at least down here it is).

Jeff

One is bent, one was cut, and another other has permanently bonded itself to the bushing sleeve. I would use the ones that came with the rust-free florida packs I'm installing, but I think I scavenged them for use in the '90 after I had to cut several of its bolts to get the leaf packs off. Rust sucks. :mad: I'm going to use half a bottle of anti-seize on the next ones. :rant:

Find a good machine shop and they can get you the 12.9 stuff, and quite possibly even stock it...

So, how did you get that bolt out that has the sleeve seized on it?

You don't want to know...

Pete, aren't these bolts the same ones used in the LCA's for the front end? If so, I would go to the yard and get some from there. I've never had one stick on the front end of an XJ/MJ... :dunno:

This project is taking a break until I return from my trip to Georgia (22-29th) so I'll have time to contemplate my next move. I'm very frustrated with it and a breather will be good for me.

As to the sleeved bolt, check out the project's page and you'll see. :(

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... 5&start=15

Pete, aren't these bolts the same ones used in the LCA's for the front end? If so, I would go to the yard and get some from there. I've never had one stick on the front end of an XJ/MJ... :dunno:

BTW, the 91+ XJ LCA bolts are the same part number as the leaf spring bolts. :eek:

Read much? :cheers: