Jump to content

Big_Mark

Administrators
  • Posts

    336
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Big_Mark

  1. So I decided to go with the Azzy's linkage. Sine I have a basket case truck it seemed like the most versatile kit since it doesn't connect to the transmission or body mount points like the cable kits. And as it turns out I had o use the alternate installation method the kit offered, figures I always seem to get the oddball everything :-) Here's some Jeep porn shots for you, enjoy! Linkage from below Linkage from side under car Stock shifter on top, all photos in neutral.
  2. I bought a basketcase 1989 MJ and it seems there is an adapter between the NP242 t-case and AX-15 transmission, which pushes all the stock linkage point on the transmission to the rear of the Jeep about 1-2”. I've been looking into the cable type shifter kits but it seems like they use the same stock mount points to secure the cable ends to the car and transmission and I'm not sure if there is enough adjustment at both cable ends to make up for the offset. Has anyone else run into this? If so what did you do? I think my best bet is to get the non-cable conversion kit and hope the connecting rod is long enough or a standard thread so I can get a longer rod if needed. P.S. First post here, longtime wheeler, longtime wheell-ess, first MJ Thanks in advance
×
×
  • Create New...