88mjsally
Members-
Posts
576 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by 88mjsally
-
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I’ve been driving the truck more in the past week and am really putting it to work today hauling all of the scrap from past projects. It’s still doing pretty well and I’m planning on working on fixing the small amount of rust in the floors this weekend so I can insulate and put down new carpet -
-
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Well it was kinda cheap.... I went ahead and put the new fuel pump and relay harness in so I didn’t have any other problems with it. Classes are going pretty well. I have two more years left before I graduate -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I’ve been fighting a few issues with my truck recently but I think I have most of them worked out. It sputtered and died on me last week when I drove it home from work. At first I thought it was out of gas but I added gas to it and that still didn’t fix it. Then I put in a new fuel pump since the old one wasn’t running anymore which also didn’t fix it. At that point it was dark so I had it towed home and I ordered a fuel pump relay harness for it. After installing that on Thursday afternoon I was still having issues which I traced back to a bad fuel pump ground. I’m running an aftermarket fuel pump and I made my own ground but apparently it wasn’t good enough. It’s running good now and I used it to tow a 21 foot trailer home so I could wire it. Now I just need to fix the bouncing speedo which I hope to get too today -
I have a pair of armrests, I’ll try to get a picture of them tonight and see if they are decent since its been a while since I’ve looked at them
-
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I have started finishing up the interior recently including fixing the wipers, installing door panels and adding courtesy lights. I picked up a xj third brake light from the junk yard and I’m planning on trying to adapt it to fit in the back window so I have one -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Thank you, I appreciate it! -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I’ve been working on the truck again this weekend since I just got finished with school until the fall. I got the rear drum brakes replaced since they were worn out and I didn’t want to mess with a disk brake or axle swap right now. A ford 8.8 is coming soon but until I fix some other issues I am going to hold off on that and just drive it like it has a dana 35. My dad has been driving the truck around a lot and it’s doing pretty good other than some speedo bouncing issues, no windshield wipers and a horrible windshield that is very scratched up and needs to be replaced. I’m going to try to troubleshoot the wipers today and maybe do a few other small things -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
My dad took the truck to get aligned last weekend while I’m at school and he says it drives much better. I also picked up a new to me toolbox that was cheap but needs a little cleaning up. I’ll be back home working on it more this coming weekend so I can finish up a few more little things and possibly drive it back to clemson for the end of the semester. I need to change out the instrument cluster, fix the seat belt buckles, fix the floor, tighten the drivers wheel bearing and adjust the almost worn out rear drum breaks -
I used a big flat head screwdriver to remove the spare tire from my 88
-
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I finally got my truck registered and insured after owning it for 3 years which was a pretty big milestone. I also made the discovery that the front accessory drive that I have on my engine hits the hood when I install the ac compressor. I had a bypass pulley on it and had never tried the actual compressor until a few days ago. I’m going to source another one from a 94-95 Chevy truck with the 5.7 which I know will clear the hood. The 4.3 Chevy blazer set up that I have on it now is getting sold to my dad who wants to use it on another project. I also got the truck tuned up and figured out that the carburetor was messed up again so I had the shop install a low mileage pretty much new one on it just to get it back on the road. I plan to do throttle body efi at some point after I get the rest of the truck dialed in but I’d rather use that money on the ac components that I need right now -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Today I got a new upper radiator hose installed in my truck that clears the belt much better as well as the ac compressor (which currently is bypassed). I also thinned out the factory engine bay harness and removed all of the wiring that I didn’t need anymore. In doing so I found a mess of splices and junctions wrapped in duck tape which may explain some of the electrical gremlins that I had. It looks much cleaner now and it’s much easier to find and trace wires. All of the splices got soldered and heat shrink tubing so I hopefully won’t have any more issues -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I got my coolant reservoir mounted today which was one of the last things I had to do to my truck. I’m back home on spring break so I hope so get it insured and registered on Monday so I can take it to get a tuneup and allignment before I have to go back to school. I need to try to find a different upper radiator hose tomorrow since the one I have is very very close to hitting the belt and I’d like to do a few things to the interior -
I have just the cargo light that I may be interested in selling. I got it to put on mine but I can’t decide if I want to put holes in my cab for it or not. It’s in good shape with no cracks and I have the gasket for it as well
-
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I’m sure mine can probably be made shiny again but I got a deal I couldn’t refuse on these so I’ll probably just keep the other set as spares. I do also have a third imperfect set that has some age cracking but I don’t think there’s anything that can be done to fix those -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I actually found them from a guy who was parting out a comanche in Michigan. I didn’t pay junkyard prices for them but I also didn’t pay more then I’ve seen hazy sets sell for. They are still shiny and very clear unlike my other set -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update since I haven’t been near my truck since January. I have been collecting parts for it though so I can start to replace some of the worn out appearance parts. I scored a nice non faded set of taillights that look a lot better than the ones I have as well as a nicer set of Comanche emblems. I found a factory radio that I want to put in to replace my 1990 era cheap radio since I like the look of the oe one much more. I also got a different style of side mirror that isn’t the breakaway style from a 93-96 cherokee since mine arnt in the best shape. I’ll be able to start putting some of these parts on it this weekend. I hope to have time to change out the rear flex brake line as well as finish putting the passengers door back together and fix the turn signals -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
The exhaust on my truck is all finished up and I’m really happy with how it turned out. It’s all nice and tucked up out of the way with no real clearance issues. I’m back at school now and not near the truck so I probably won’t be updating as much however it’s almost ready for the road. I need to get it registered, aligned and tuned up before it’s ready to be driven more than just short distances BE0DAFCB-181C-44B6-AC9C-8E104DCC3E88.MP4 -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
It was no fun at all but it clears much better than when we tried to do it in fewer pieces. It’s all finish welded now and I’m waiting on more exhaust wrap so I can finish it up -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted so here’s an update. The exhaust is all figured out and almost finished, just a little more welding to do. The passengers side was pretty easy and we were able to just shorten a 90° bend and weld it to the flange. The drivers side was a pain due to the upper control arm and the oil filter getting in the way so it was made in many more section. I had to wrap it with some exhaust wrap due to the clearance between the starter on the passengers side and the oil filter on the drivers side. I’ll post some more pics as soon as it’s all finished. It’s all 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipe and I have thrush welded mufflers which should sound pretty good -
I went with an oreilly’s one with a lifetime warranty when I replaced the one on the 4.0 in my Comanche before I replaced the engine with a v8. Any of the parts store ones with a good warranty should do the job well
-
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I knew that the codes were on the explorer doors because I’ve looked for one for my wrangler as well since it also has a dana 35 but I just haven’t pulled the trigger on one just yet. I didn’t know about the kJ liberty 8.25 so I’ll have to check that out too. I’m hoping the 35 will at least hold up for a little while so I can save up for an axle swap -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
An 8.8 swap is in the plans I just have some other stuff I need to do before I get there. I’d like to find one with a limited slip so both of my rear tires can die at the same time😂 -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
I’m thinking it’ll be ok for a little while as long as I don’t try to light the tires up and I drive it like I have a dana 35. I do have a spare too so I have spare parts if/when I manage to break it -
A College Students V8 Comanche
88mjsally replied to 88mjsally's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
The seat installation got finished up today and I’m really happy with the way it turned out. I also got my new speedo gear in the mail so I installed it as well so it will hopefully be accurate now
