Rear Windshield Gasket Where can I find one

Hi Guys please help 

I  am  new to the Jeep  Comanche club ,I  am restoring a 1988  Sport ,this forum has been such an amazing source of information  ,My bottle neck is the prior owner kept the jeep  with a

rear cab  ,he had it connected to  with some form of snug molding and he removed the rear window ,the truck  has the original  rear glass but W/O the much needed gasket ,where can I 

find the rear glass gasket

Thanks George I 

Removed my back glass to fix some rust around the glass seating after i installed the glass back i had a small leak so i removed it again but this time the rubber gasket got damaged and i couldnt source one anywhere maybe at a junk yard if you're lucky i have tried no success so i did the next best thing just installed the windshield without it all together the rubber is purely cosmetic IMO and actually got it to seat better without the rubber and no leaks if your a perfectionist maybe you would rather the factory look with the rubber installed i probably would too but hey my truck is almost 30 i don't expect everything to look factory and don't think it looks bad without the rubber anyway...

20160629_175630.jpg

20160629_175612.jpg

A friend of mine had the same issue. After gluing the window back in, he, too, was left with the open channel surrounding it. My suggestion was to cut a piece of plastic (like maybe an expired credit card) into a scraper with the profile of the gasket, then just go around the window with back sealant and use the scraper to form the sealant into the shape of the gasket.

But ... he sold the truck before we had a chance to try it, so I don't know how successful it would have been.

I'd probably do that how I do aircraft windows.  With the window already in, masking tape around the opening and on the frame, then fill the groove mostly full of urethane and run my finger over it to smooth it out and make it even, pull the tape and clean up any oopsies.

As Eagle said, you probably could build up a profile if you wanted.  It would be harder though, it's much easier with something like that if you only fill the gap partially and use a finger to give it a nice even slightly concave profile, but a completely flat profile would also not be too hard.  How Leenewtonleon did it looks fine to me also, and it's how my 89 was done when I went to a non-slider in it since a gasket could not be sourced.

I have a gasket that I just took out 2 weeks ago... I am not sure it is in perfect condition but seemed like I got it out with little damage.  I installed a new rear as my middle window was broken, with with the CRL window that doesn't use a gasket.  I would be willing to part with it, I know they are highly sought after so I tried to be careful in taking it out and holding on too it.  

I have a gasket that I just took out 2 weeks ago... I am not sure it is in perfect condition but seemed like I got it out with little damage.  I installed a new rear as my middle window was broken, with with the CRL window that doesn't use a gasket.  I would be willing to part with it, I know they are highly sought after so I tried to be careful in taking it out and holding on too it.  

What was your method for removing the window without damaging the gasket?

Welcome to the forum,it shouldn't be that difficult to find any local auto glass should readily have it or be able to order it.

LOL..... If only.....

Rare as hens teeth these gaskets are. Haven't been made since OEM Jeep supplies ran out.