factory skid plate

How is the front factory skid plate held on? Are They regular bolts or are they torx heads? I found one on a Cherokee in the junkyard yesterday and I am going back to get it today. It has factory tow hooks also. I might grab them. And my next question. Is a wagoneer grill the same length as a normal cherokee grill. I have a crazy idea involving a waggy grille and my truck. Oh yeah one more do the rear bump stops off a ZJ fit the comanche?

The skid is just regular bolts. I think theres 4 across the front and you just remove the nuts and then there are 2 more (one on each side) toward the engine.

Grab the tow hooks (don't forget the brackets). If you don't want them I will buy them if the price is good.

The tow hooks and brackets are a little rusty so I am gonna see what happens. One side is already off someone just didn't have torx bits to remove them from the bumper. I already have hooks on mine so I don't think I need them. If I can get them off and you want them you got first dibs. One thing is the bracket that attaches to the bumper itself is a little bent but nothing that cannot be straightened easily.

How is the front factory skid plate held on? Are They regular bolts or are they torx heads? I found one on a Cherokee in the junkyard yesterday and I am going back to get it today. It has factory tow hooks also. I might grab them. And my next question. Is a wagoneer grill the same length as a normal cherokee grill. I have a crazy idea involving a waggy grille and my truck. Oh yeah one more do the rear bump stops off a ZJ fit the comanche?

If you mean the XJ with the waggy trim package, then yes.

Well the Jeep gods were against me yesterday. The skid plate would not come off. I am gonna call the yard and see how much they will charge to haul it to the front and remove the bolt heads with a die grinder. Also a XJ wagoneer grille is almost an inch wider on each side. The headlights are skinnier I am guessing.

Does the waggy have the 4 headlights on it? Othere than that the grill should fit with no throuble. I have the grill from an '85 Waggy on an '88 XJ.

Well persistance does pay off. I got my skid plate yesterday. It needs some restoration so I will have before and after pics up as soon as I can. I am in the process of cutting out that gawd awful piece of angle and welding in some tube. The it is time for paint and them slap it on the truck. jamminz.gif

Does the waggy have the 4 headlights on it? Othere than that the grill should fit with no throuble. I have the grill from an '85 Waggy on an '88 XJ.

the waggy grille from a quad headlight system doesn't fit a normal header panel.

you can put the header panel from the waggy on to the MJ no problem.

however, if you get an 85 waggy, which doesn't have 4 headlights but does have the 21 slot grille, then the 21 slot grille will fit the comanche header no problem.