Chrysler listens...

possum

A while back on here someone posted link to the Chrysler web site in order for the public to give them suggestions. I of course suggested a throw back styled Comanche with solid axles. I got a somewhat generic reply saying they would be in touch in the future for further suggestions. What I want to know is did anyone else get a reply? If so what was it?

Guest vzehler

You guys could always find a rebuildable Wrangler and do a Brute Conversion. Pretty pricey... But if you were willing to buy something new you'd be way ahead of the game.

You guys could always find a rebuildable Wrangler and do a Brute Conversion. Pretty pricey... But if you were willing to buy something new you'd be way ahead of the game.

Considering that Chrysler doesn't currently build anything worthy of the Jeep name -- exactly how would we be "ahead of the game" paying big bucks for inferior machinery?

The suggestion does not compute ...

When you look at Jeep's history (kinda like a foster child) and look at Chrysler's situation, it may have to be a court appointed home for Jeep next. Or is it old enough to go out on it's own? Then we might see something.

What worries me about that is IF it happens, how badly are they going to mess it up? They'd mess up the body lines, get rid of the vent behind the doors, probably make it a 4 door and it will be IFS with front wheel drive.

Trust me, we don't want to Comanche to make a "come back".

I am just going on the way the Challenger looks. If they did as good of a job as they did on those cars I think it could be a nice looking truck. And as for the drivetrain I wouldn't write it off just yet. They did bring back the Hemi so someone has to have a bit of sense over there. :dunno: