The Turd

pingpong

Well a few PPl know I am trying to build a "cheap" beater rig by the 1 July. What I am looking for are pics of existing XJ cages (here is the catch) on XJ's with the back cut off. I have found a few.. but not many, and nothing that I really like yet.

Build plans are D44and d30, 4.10's fronat and rear, lock rights front and rear, Alloy shafts...(got the rears, looking for ALLOY USA fronts), Trans is either going to be a np435,ax15, or an AW4 (leaning towards the np435, hoppe the guy works the trade with me). Some FX ricer seats.. 5 point harness.

44 days and counting till it needs to be done :mad:

Well things are progressing rapidly. Go the interior gutted :D then found out that I had a nice spot of rust I needed to fix... no biggie. Broke the plasma out.. and started to remove said offending metal. Well I was careful to make sure I didnt buzz the frame.. but some how I clipped the brake line :eek: after realising it wasnt the gas line :clapping: I said a few 4 letter words :mad: but got the patch temporarily in place while I decide to make it permanent.. or to use expanded metal there instead :nuts:

I also got a few parts in.... One of them was a D44 Alloy USA shafts from Drivetrtain Wharehouse. Well The box looked like it had been drug and dropped everywhere it went :mad: So since it was dropped shipped.. I opened it up (couldnt refuse it), and low and behold I am missing parts :headpop: The bearings are gone :mad: and my shafts have a nice layer of dust :headpop: instead of oil. So I call up thier customer service.. come to find out this is the last set of D44 shafts they :eek: So to make it right they are sending me a set of bearings :eek: I should have them in 2 days, but we shall see :brows: ...

Now to order a u-bolt yoke for the d44 and wait till my front shafts come in.. so I can start to build my axles. I will take pics next time I do any work.. didnt take any last time.

Well things are progressing rapidly. Go the interior gutted :D then found out that I had a nice spot of rust I needed to fix... no biggie. Broke the plasma out.. and started to remove said offending metal. Well I was careful to make sure I didnt buzz the frame.. but some how I clipped the brake line :eek: after realising it wasnt the gas line :clapping: I said a few 4 letter words :mad: but got the patch temporarily in place while I decide to make it permanent.. or to use expanded metal there instead :nuts:

I also got a few parts in.... One of them was a D44 Alloy USA shafts from Drivetrtain Wharehouse. Well The box looked like it had been drug and dropped everywhere it went :mad: So since it was dropped shipped.. I opened it up (couldnt refuse it), and low and behold I am missing parts :headpop: The bearings are gone :mad: and my shafts have a nice layer of dust :headpop: instead of oil. So I call up thier customer service.. come to find out this is the last set of D44 shafts they :eek: So to make it right they are sending me a set of bearings :eek: I should have them in 2 days, but we shall see :brows: ...

Now to order a u-bolt yoke for the d44 and wait till my front shafts come in.. so I can start to build my axles. I will take pics next time I do any work.. didnt take any last time.

You can just click on the X on the far right side of the header = "delete"

Just busting you Pat :D

Man....good thing you didn't cut the gas line with the plasma cutter :eek:

Just busting you Pat :D

Man....good thing you didn't cut the gas line with the plasma cutter :eek:

:rotfl2: