new steering from rocky road outfiters/ ITS IN!!!

86FUBAR

That kit to me looks questionable. I REALLY don't like the fact that the tie rod is several pieces welded together. Looks like it's just asking to be bent. Why add a piece for the stabilizer and not just run a bracket that goes around the bar? I also don't like the fact that the draglink is under the tierod. It looks to me like it will bind at articulation travel.

For the same money you can get a Teraflex High Steer kit or for a few bucks more the Offroad Only U-Turn kit.

Non the less, let us know what you think when you get it.

I am not real sure about that OTT kit myself and had similar odservations/reservations as above.

I used the Tera-Flex kit on our Wrangler, but only got the tie rod & drag link. I built my own knuckle.

Ya I'm still on the fence about it to , I don't care for the way the tierod and draglink are setup and it appears to use stock size TREs but that could be easily fixed. but what I'm more concerned with are the brackets and their mounting points and whether the added height is going to be to much stress on the relatively soft knuckle.

but rest assured I've got my camera ready and when it comes hopefully I'll be able to get some pics of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well !! it came in yesterday and as a man of my word i took my handy camera and snaped some pics of the setup but have yet to download the pics but hopefully il get it done later tonight . and i will withhold coment till then 8)

Well !! it came in yesterday and as a man of my word i took my handy camera and snaped some pics of the setup but have yet to download the pics but hopefully il get it done later tonight . and i will withhold coment till then 8)

YOU TEASE! nutkick.gif

Here it is but u got to remember that I'm not a pro pic taker and i got to the shop 3 min to closing. i also didnt get a look at the rest of the kit like all the hard ware and what not but i feel it is not as important as are the bracketry.

the inital impression is that it is of sturdy construction , the welds are top notch and there are little if any imperfections .

here is the D-side bracket- their aproach to mounting the bracket securly to the knuckle is a tried and true method done by many other manufactures

here is the track bar/steering stablizer mounting bracket- i like the overall design but would still like to see it installed and in person because to me the track bar mount is especialy important IMHO and it apears there is alot going on with it (lots of little pieces to make one big piece) and would feel better seeing it mounted.

here are the tierod/ draglink and track bar- the tubing is quite small as well are the stock sized TRE's, almost to small for my liking but since everything is seamingly up and out of harms way it would probably do well. the design of the steering seems more complicated than need be IMO and would probably be one place that i might change things to my liking if i purchased the kit.

over all i felt that there are alot of pieces to this big and small wich strays from the K.I.S.S factor but in the end its a fairly well thought out kit and would recomend the kit to a friend . i think it has real potential for the guy that likes to modify things to his/her likings like i do. things i didnt see but wish i had the time to were the swaybar brackets and associated hardware.

i hope yall like it as i covered it as best i can.

mason