Good day at the junkyard

Twisty

I got...

-2 XJ 2-door seats. Complete and in great condition!

-2 XJ front doors. Purpose if for half doors.

-3 miscelanious transmission coolers. I hope to use one for my power steering.

-WJ master/booster.

-2 front XJ lift springs. My guess is 2-3 inches.

-Front marker lights. Because I hit the ones I have now on a tree....again.

All for $52.50!

And my friend got....

-8.8 with 4.10s & discs.

-2 ZJ front doors.

-5.9 ZJ steering (draglink & tierod).

-5.9 ZJ sound bar.

All for $102.50!

Keep in touch regarding the WJ master/booster swap. Haven't done that one. All the yards here are closed on Saturdays. Some Southern Baptist thing I guess. I have to go out of the county just to get my brew..... :headpop:

Keep in touch regarding the WJ master/booster swap. Haven't done that one. All the yards here are closed on Saturdays. Some Southern Baptist thing I guess. I have to go out of the county just to get my brew..... :headpop:

Will do. 8) I'll try to remember to take pics. I found the master/booster on the only WJ in the whole yard! The thing was a mess. No axles, doors, seats, engine, trans, x-fer case...Just the master/booster...waiting for me!

I hear is a pretty basic swap. I've seen some good articles on NAXJA, which I will review again.

Hey Twisty,

I'm in Massachusetts too! Do you mind sharing the name/location of the JY?

Holland's Used Auto Parts.

http://www.hollandusedautoparts.com/

It was the all you can carry for $50 day. There will be another one in August. I will definately be there then!

They said that on a normal day an 8.8 would run you ~$150 if you pulled it. Still a GREAT price compared to other yards in MA!!

I also got my new seats installed. Its SO nice being able to tip the seats forward to access stuff behind them!!!!

Thanks for the link Twisty. If I had known about this day, I would have been there in a heartbeat. How many Cherokees did they have in the yard?

Hey Geonovast, I've been to Green Bay once, but I'm a Massachusetts guy.

Thanks for the link Twisty. If I had known about this day, I would have been there in a heartbeat. How many Cherokees did they have in the yard?

They easily had 15 Cherokees, 1 YJ and 1 CJ. Lots of ZJs, and 1 WJ. No MJs.

comanche87- I got the master for myself. I plan to swap it in at some point. If I decide to not use it, I'll let you know. ;)

ok. man. if you do use it which one would you recomend getting for my 87 mj. I'm looking into the swap. there are a few cherokees olders and one newer. and at least a handfull of grand cherokees the mid 90s ones at a junkyard near me. thanks.

I just looked at the photos from previous all-you-carry days and it looks pretty wild!

These guys don't fool around.

Twisty, did you have to pull the axle or was it separated?

We had to pull it. We were lucky because the Explorer was ontop of another car, and the rear axle was dangling at shoulder height. We just took the u-bolts off, snipped the brake line, and ebrake cable and slid it out. There are quite a few like this.

There were people there with hi-lifts, and floor jacks. They don't care what you do to get parts out. I even helped a guy flip a ZJ over so he could access the last few bolts to remove a 4.0. jamminz.gif

I just looked at the photos from previous all-you-carry days and it looks pretty wild!

These guys don't fool around.

Twisty, did you have to pull the axle or was it separated?

Just took a gander of the same pictures,,,, thats crazy,, guess most of that stuff will be appearing on ebay soon...

I'd have to go there the day before and wrench everything I could, and have it setting by for the next day,, of course I'd have a few mule f#%kers to help me carry all the stuff to the door!!!! lol