rear xj shackle kit

I didn't see anything that said how long they were. Stock MJ shackles are already longer than stock XJ shackles so it's important to know how long these replacements are.

Also, keep in mind that a shackle that is one inch longer than stock will only give 1/2" of lift. To get any reasonable lift, the shackle needs to be much longer than stock and that can cause problems like increased spring-wrap and also vibrations due to changing the angle of the U-joints in the driveshaft.

Well, off hand I can't remember what the exact lengths were for MJ and XJ shackles, but I'd wager that if it lifts the XJ 1" (meaning that it is 2" longer than a stock XJ shackle), you might see a half inch of lift on an MJ.

As Pete mentioned...shackles are NOT a good thing to do. They have many more detrimental effects than positive. The better idea is to wait a little longer, save a little more money and do it the right way with some new springs.

Even thought the ride quality sucks, I would rather see you put in some add-a-leafs rather than do shackles. If you are only looking for minimal lift and a temporary solution, the short AAL's will do it instead of using the long ones that will lift it 3" and be VERY stiff riding. ;)

I have used Shackles to provide lift, and extra suspension travel. My favorite one to use is a Chevy drop shackle. That being said.. what a shackle lift does is move your pinion angle as pointed out, but it also moves the front edge of the tire closer to the wheel opening, Not really a good thing unless you have trimmed them, or plan on doing that