AX-15

I am wondering if its a common problem for AX-15 transmissions to not like to shift into 3rd gear. It seems that over the last month mine has been kinda fussy and not wanting to mesh as nicely as it used to when I shift it into 3rd gear. I am trying to baby it now. Is there anything I can do to attempt to save the tranny before it blows up if thats what it is going to do?

I have a spare trans back home (400+ miles). I'm not gonna rebuild this one if its on the fritz. I'll just go home and get my other one and pop it in...

Also, I know that my clutch master cyl is leaking slightly, does anyone think that the clutch not completely disengaging is the cause of this behavior?

Fixing that master cyl is on the to do list, just gotta get the time to do it...

Could be that the clutch not disengaging all the way. I know once mine started to shift harder in gears, I replaced the clutch, but did'nt help my sycrows were going. So I babyed it for as long as I could, but I drove it for to long and was way past doing a simple swap of new synrows, I would had to pretty much just buy a remanufactored one. So I just scraped it. So what I'm saying is look into replaceing the syncrows sooner than later and your tranny shall last a lot longer.

let me put it this way;

my truck was doing that 2 weeks ago (leaky slave and master cyls), and look where it got :oops:

get that master in A.S.A.P. and hope to hell you didn't wreck the tranny. IF you decide to put the other one in there, let me know as I would like to get an AX15 to take apart and probably rebuild (my interest is piqued...I liked my tranny rebuild)