89' MJ (very slow build up) PICS*

this will be a slow build up since getting a job is like finding a needle in a hay stack around here.

i will get pictures up as soon as i bring her home.

first thing i am going to do with her is paint her since the weather is warming up. any ideas of what you guys think would look good? i like the blue color $500 MJ did on his, but am not sure if i want to do that color. don't want to be making a replica of anyone else's mj.

some of you have seen this picture before. it's blurry but you can make it out a little bit. working with what i got right now.

Image Not Found

think i am going to go with the laser blue.

but i gotta hold off on going to get her today. my friends parents are insisting on me come to this bbq to talk to some guy who's top dog at Apollo Construction to see what I can do about getting a job working for them. see how that turns out.

well i am hoppin on the greyhound tomorrow, 34$ from here to portland. that knocks out having to pay round trip gas for one vehicle plus filling the mjs tank up. getting picked up by an old friend i haven't seen in four years. going to pick up the mj. gonna go back to my buddies place for the night, he's gonna take me around meet all the gals he knows down there, then head back in the morning to head off to a camping trip. once i get back i'll get some pictures up.

well i made it back home. but it was a damn mess. talked to the guy when i was about 2 hours from the greyhound station in portland, he said he'd be there at 6 o'clock. well i showed up and he wasn't there, i waited for three hours and kept calling him, he never showed up. don't know what his problem was. couldn't get a ride down to salem, because that kid was my ride. so i ended up at some other kids place at the dorms at portland university, couldn't sleep. my friends dad bought me a ticket to salem picked up the truck got lost for about an hour. trying to find my way out of the damn place. and since i didn't get any sleep the night before i started falling asleep at the wheel in between portland and the dalles. cell phone was dead so i had to go buy a car chager for it. got a hold of my friend toni, and crashed at her place. but i made it back with the truck. i gotta do some work on it. blinkers aren't working or the brake lights nor the interior lights. i'll get pictures here in the next few days.

well i got some pictures today. woke up this morning and decided i was going to clean it out. and put a cd player in it. i didn't put the cd player in it yet because i gotta go get some speakers. but here are some pictures. my dad is also working on fixing some of the electrical problems. gotta a lot of work to do. i got a friend who's gonna make me a rear bumper.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

She sure looks in great shape, looks like no rust. Maybe you should pull the carpet back just to check the floor pans. Good deal! :cheers:

i pulled the carpet back today. on the drivers side, and it's some what rusted, not to bad, but the paint is starting to bubble in some places. i am not going to worry about it right now, i will deal with that sometime later. water was leaking in around the fuse box, which ruined the fuse box, there's not a good seal around it anyways so i am going to have to find something to seal it with so no more water leaks through and doesn't ruin the other fuse box i am putting in.

there were some missing plugs to the other wiring harness so my dad swapped the new fuse box over to the old wiring harness today. so that is finished. i just gotta put it back in now. i am going to do that when i head back home in about an hour.

yeah, they look pretty much the same. your tailgate don't look that bad. but i mean you gotta good tailgate, i gotta unpainted fender that is missing a flare and a messed up rear bumper

pretty much got twins going on here :cheers:

finished putting the wiring harness back in yesterday, and today i put everything else back in. and ALL the electrical stuff is working now. except for the rear speakers. i think they are garbage. so i am going to do down to look at some prices for speakers to put in the doors.

yeah, they look pretty much the same. your tailgate don't look that bad. but i mean you gotta good tailgate, i gotta unpainted fender that is missing a flare and a messed up rear bumper

pretty much got twins going on here :cheers:

Except for the gouge on the inside about the size of a coke can and it's full of rock and stuff that got stuck in there...

i didn't see that.

Not something that I'm real proud of (or have taken any pics of)... but it's cool to have a twin...

I'm still torn on whether or not to pull the stripes off... I have the eraser die-grinder thing, but haven't sacked up and used it yet... I think I still want too, but not sure...

My engine is pretty beat to crap, so I think the next "big" thing is a rebuild that I'm not really looking forward too..

I was thinking about flying JeepCoMJ out to Cali and have him help me drop a super charged 3800 out of a Grand Prix GTP to see how it rolls... or maybe just a clean rebuilt Jeep 4.0 for simplicity's sake...

SW2

ahh. well to be honest, i like the stripes, but i am debating on whether to pull my as well, since i am going to get it repainted once my buddy goes off to college and comes back for automotive schooling for painting or something, he said he is going to paint my truck for me, but that won't be for about a year.

i think i would rebuilt the 4.0. what does the 3800 put of for horsepower and torque? i agree with mini beast (i still don't have everybodies names down yet) on stroking it. i have been thinking about stroking mine.

the 3800 is very simular in out put to a 4.0, but not exactly sure being supercharged or what not though. I remember someone argueing on the difference in hp between the 4.0 and 3800 so someonr should chime in.

And keep the stripes if repainting untill you do repaint. then got to come off anyways.

my dad and i went to tacoma yesterday. my dad drove the mj and now he wants it. i gotta drive it to florida pulling a trailer anyways.

my next little project is installing a keyless entry with an alarm system my dad bought for the old 86 and never put it in. so i am going to put in the 89.

i didn't see that.

Not something that I'm real proud of (or have taken any pics of)... but it's cool to have a twin...

I'm still torn on whether or not to pull the stripes off... I have the eraser die-grinder thing, but haven't sacked up and used it yet... I think I still want too, but not sure...

My engine is pretty beat to crap, so I think the next "big" thing is a rebuild that I'm not really looking forward too..

I was thinking about flying JeepCoMJ out to Cali and have him help me drop a super charged 3800 out of a Grand Prix GTP to see how it rolls... or maybe just a clean rebuilt Jeep 4.0 for simplicity's sake...

SW2

I was at the paint store last week and picked up one of those decal eraser deals,,, It works pretty good,, but takes a while.. allow yourself a good Saturday evening to do one side..

where ya goin in florida? I am in central florida....

fort myers or cape coral. but am only gonna be down there for about a month. i gotta drive to and from florida.

i didn't see that.

SW2

I was at the paint store last week and picked up one of those decal eraser deals,,, It works pretty good,, but takes a while.. allow yourself a good Saturday evening to do one side..

well i won't have to deal with it since i gotta friend who keep naggin on me to let him paint for me when he gets back from college.

• 2 weeks later...