Warrior Products bumper install

I assume that this is the same for most replacement rock bumpers. So i thought id post...

First, I am adding a Warrior Products rock bumper i found on Quadratec.

im0020841az1.th.jpg

here's whats replacing the stock bumper.

im0020871bz0.th.jpg

These are the brackets that held on the stock bumper. I don't need them anymore as the new bumper mounts direct to those 3 hex bolts. The bracket removes by removing those three hex head bolts along with a t50 torx bolt in the wheel well.

p3140116eo9.th.jpg

needed to do some flare trimming. I used a box knife with a new blade to slice through it.

p3140117hy9.th.jpg

here's how it looks with the final install. I had to bore out the mounting holes in order to mount the new bumper. sry no pics of that.

Very nice!

Would you mind taking a few more shots of the front from different angles and what not.

I'm seriously considering a Warrior bumper from Quadratec as well.

I'm loving the bumper right now. I'm going to have to weld shackle tabs on myself b/c i didnt get that option. it seemed a little bit steep price for 5 minutes of work on the bumper. $50 bucks for shackle tabs i think from quadratec installed on the bumper. The flare trimming wasnt very hard either. took 15 mins. and it looked really nice and covered up in the end. but you may not need to trim as mine are farther forward than stock due to fender trimming to fit 33"s. Ill take pics and post them.

SuperWade - thats exactly the bumper i'm thinking about getting too ..... it will need some shackles and D rings of course.

James - thanks for taking the additional photos. Your license plate sure looks nice ..... a bit hard to actually see the bumper though ;)

I'd also be interested in seeing how your shackles turn out.

SuperWade - thats exactly the bumper i'm thinking about getting too ..... it will need some shackles and D rings of course.

James - thanks for taking the additional photos. Your license plate sure looks nice ..... a bit hard to actually see the bumper though ;)

I'd also be interested in seeing how your shackles turn out.

I'm hoping to get ahold of a welder to use get the tabs welded up by the end of April. i already have all of the parts, just need to weld em on there. I had to take the old tow hooks off because of the way they were mounted.....bumper wasn't in the way, just didnt seem all that safe or sturdy.

one install tip: drill out the holes a little bit b4 u put the bumper on because the holes are the exact right size and don't line up perfectly. they're close, but the screws try to strip out when u put them in and get sideway's. i learned the hard way and stripped my first bolt and had to take the bumper on and off twice to get the holes lined up right. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
I asked the guy at quadatrac and he said the d ring mount comes attached to the bumper is this not the case? I even asked him because it said it was an option but he said k=no it comes attached to the bumper.

:dunno:

There is 2 options one with for 239 and one for 289 with the Shackle tabs. for me i decided to go with the bolt on type d ring tabs (or weld on) thinking i would save money but it turns out that i won't save that much. The one with tabs is 289.

With D rings

http://www.quadratec.com/products/72108_1003.htm

Without D rings

http://www.quadratec.com/products/72108_1002.htm

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: I ended up putting some C4x4 tow hooks on and sandwhiching the brackets between the bumper/frame. I found out that the ones with shackle tabs have A LOT more reinforcments behind it and mine can't hold up to that. As far as the bumper holding up, it did absolutely fantastic. I hit a deer at about 40mph at night (snowstorm, whiteout conditions) and there was almost NO DAMAGE. I was amazed. I did bend the right headlight guard about 1". but it went right back into space with just a comealong. I am very pleased, this bumper will work well until i am ready to go to a winch setup. 8)