Does anyone have $20 for a Jeep? Look at this eBay auction!

robfg67

Well the crappy v6 has a rod knocking, has the big fuel guage (no tack), middle of nowhere oklahoma, needs new paint. I can see it going for a couple of hundred at most when the auction finnaly ends. You can't go buy the bids on ebay untill the auction ends, if the bidders are like me they wait untill the last 30 seconds to finally bid. Why needlessly raise the price of something you want to buy? :nuts: Is there a moron smiley

It can go for any amount. All it takes is at least two people two put in a single bid for $200 or any amount. Thats what I do, in the last 30 seconds I will bid the highest amount I am willing to pay, if no one bids I get it real cheap if somebody else bids it raise my bid up to the max I bidded.

Heck, the closest j-y to me would probably pay $250 to $300 for it as scrap metal. I got $275 out of a dinky little Geo Prizm. Bought it for $200, drove it two years till the engine blew and took it to the yard for $75 profit!

i am a little worried that someday soon the prices that junkyards are paying will severely hurt the market for the 100-300 dollar parts jeeps that i have been able to buy for the last few years.most people are wise to the scrap prices and when you try to buy a parts vehicle cheap they are quick to remind you of what "bubba's towing" will pay him for it and pick it up to boot! that xj in east bumfxxkville ok. was probably far enough from the closest scrap dealer that none of the local scavengers considered it worthwile to buy it and deliver it to the crusher with gas/diesel at 3-4 dollars a gallon.in the bigger cities where scrapyards are more closer,junk cars bring big money from the itinerent tow truck scavengers.