Jeepco Read this please

Pat or anybody else who has done this. What did you guys use for paint on the interior? I tried Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric Coating on my door panels, but the crap just rubbed off on my sweatshirt. Anybody try anything that works real well and won't rub off?

Tecnique vinyl dye (in a spray can) from NAPA is the only product that I will use. you'll have to use alcohol wipes to clear all the bad paint off before you can repaint, but it will adhere very nicely.

Pat or anybody else who has done this. What did you guys use for paint on the interior? I tried Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric Coating on my door panels, but the crap just rubbed off on my sweatshirt. Anybody try anything that works real well and won't rub off?

I had a mix-mix of vinyl parts in blue, red, etc. when converting to buckets and the Laredo gray interior in mine. If you want the interior colors to be consistent, the dealer still does sell reasonably priced exact factory matching colors in both vinyl and fabric spray cans. The Dupli-Color and Tecnique stuff is okay, but it always turns out NQR (not quite right) on the colors. All depends on how anal you are to do it right... :D

WTFO - got it Drahcir495. :D

Never tried SEM. The Mopar factory stuff is all I have used and it works well to match the existing factory colors. But if you want to change to something from NQR factory for the interior and use one of these other brands I see no reason why it will not work. :cheers:

yeah sem is the good stuff,, but you guys are forgetting to use a plastic adhesive promoter on a clean oil free piece. sem also makes a plastic prep which is pretty much rubbing alcohol in a can.. When I paint plastic I first wash the stuff down real good with warm soap and water, wipe it down with a cleaner/prep, spray the adhesive promoter, then spray the color.. You want the adhesive sprayed trust me.

If you want the interior colors to be consistent, the dealer still does sell reasonably priced exact factory matching colors in both vinyl and fabric spray cans.

Did not know that, I had to go through 3 different SEM colors to get close. Ah :roll: , there are 3 different shades of blue inside already {from the factory} so, I won't sweat it. Thanks for the heads up - Rich