Project Budget Trail Mj. *New Pics*

The rear is on the tires, the front is on jackstands under the Lower control arms, the new frotn axle goes in tomorrow.

Ohhhh I see what your saying... They are just under there in case it decides to fall off the jackstands.

~Ryan

2wd SOA in the rear, 33"x10.5x15 Tires.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed the Front Axle, Alone in a Few hours before work today, I wanted to get it on the ground. I can tell you that putting the front axle in alone is NOT ADVISED.

Need to do brakes/slave Cyl/Drivelines and shes a done deal.

here's the Before Pic 30 days ago.

Yeah this thing came out much better than I ever Expected.

~Ryan

31 days into the build so far, I need to have a driveline made on Friday. Other than that I'm putting all new brakes all the way around tomorrow morning. However the Rotors are giving me some grief...

Photos soon.

~Ryan

I am about 33 Days into the "Build".

here's the latest....Got the wheels painted up and the rear brakes done. I like the light tan on the dark tan. Put the Brush Guard back on.

Next is the Slave Cylinder / Front Brakes / Rear Driveline. Then its done.

Pulled the Tranny and T-case to replace that damn Slave Cylinder and Throw out. Thanks to JeepinXJ for stopping by and giving me a hand!!

Now I need to go order a new one.....

Progress....Progress....Progress

Now I gotta figure out how to get that Slave off the Output, Seams there is a Rivot holding it on.

~Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it's now officially my working project. I got it home with help from one of my PNWJeep Club members and quickly started working on it.

First thing was swapping my wheels with 33" trXus onto it:

Then I got the brakes all installed and just need to bleed them. Onlt thing that was holding me up was brake pads and banjo bolts. Now everything is new from the soft line to the rotor.

A new Clutch MC and pedal are on their way with no small thanks to Novawingnut. he has helped me out and pulled everything I needed from his parts rig.

Power steering set up and my Ford 8.8 is on the way thanks to John at Auburn Car Repair and Offroad. The brackets are also on there way from Ruff Stuff Specialty.

Hopefully I will be able to have the new rear axle installed within 2 weeks. Really depends on how much time I have due to we are in the process of getting a new house.

The last BIG hurdles will be getting my Tom Woods drivline and finding a D30 with 4.10s already in it. I have another option but we will see which pans out first.

Also need to yank my 2Lo kit, Aussie and SOLID diff cover from my TJ.

Sporting Club colors:

I gots to CRAWL:

Much more to come soon :D