XJ Owner Curious About MJ's.

88XJSport

Hey Guys.

Terrific site you have here. I never knew there was so much love for Comanche's. And thats a good thing, as I love em too.

I drive an 88 Cherokee Sport 4.0 with 180k, and I know it quite well. I have a couple thousand posts on jeepforum.com, so I know a little bit about the XJ. Most people over there are interested in the HO era, with cutting the fenders off, and throwing the largest set of tires they can find on, but here, most Comanches are Renix, (my language) and it seems most people are looking into keeping them in good shape, and restoring them.

And since I am adding some options to my XJ that are popular with the MJ, i thought Ill ask in tech later.

Anyways, I'm hoping to learn a little about the MJ, and maybe give back some info, that is if anyone asks about things from the cab forward. :D

here's some pics of my XJ, its all original, including the paint.

Take care.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I can hear your XJ screaming for lift, cut fenders and some meats. Better keep it away from me.

This is what I do to front fenders. My MJ getting trial fit done. 6" of lift and 33" tires. There is 14" from the tire to the flare.

Image Not Found

This is what I do to rear XJ 4dr fenders, 2dr's get even more room. This is my 95 XJ I'm using as my MJ's parts donor. Pic is 5"of lift with 33" tires.

Image Not Found

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm suprised I havent been flamed or banned yet for having an XJ, so thats always good.

there really isnt to much of that ever goes on here this is a very "family" like place. most people get along and if they have something to say they say it and move on.

And yeah the love for MJ run deep here but I think it is more like it just a jeep thing.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm suprised I havent been flamed or banned yet for having an XJ, so thats always good.

As a "new" guy here I can't speak for long terms, but I think you will find the "Flaming" very minimal or non-existent over here... I have asked some pretty DUMB questions and have yet to bust out the flame suit or even close...

As as 650+ Post Member over at JeepForum.Com myself, I MUCH MUCH prefer to spend my time over here on this board... and if I have MJ Questions, this one wins HAND's DOWN!

SW2

Superwade, your MJ is beautiful BTW, but you already knew that. :cheers:

And ya JF isnt a terrible site, its pretty civilized in the XJ tech, but thats about it.

Thanks for the welcome's guys.

Thanks for the compliment... And your right, I still like JF.Com, and have spent most of my time in the TJ Fourm and have learned some really good stuff there. I used to look at JeepsUnlimited but hardly do any more, and am on a "Read-Only" mode from time to time at Pirate when I'm bored @ work.

From a "friendly, family" feel, ComancheClub is more comfortable for me. Smaller group of guys (and gals?) I think so it's easier to get a good feel for the dozen or so "regular" posters. It's fun, and I probably spend 75% of my online Jeep time over here now. I poke into JF.com every now and then but much less frequently.

Yeah,

So one day at band camp, I flamed this guy from WI on here and no lie, twelve hours later they sent this little guy

to my house and he was wearing this hat

and he bit my leg and wouldn't let go until I apoligized and wrote "I'm sorry!" 300 times on the blackboard backwords :eek:

It was rough.

J/k Welcome and three tips.

1) Never pay more than $1.50 for a Comanche

unless you live outside of WI

2) I forgot number two

3) Seriously don't mess with the guys from WI

They are the Comanche gods :bowdown:

Oh no, :roll: here comes wahoosteeler with the corny WI jokes :D

PS Your Cherokee looks great!

PSS Sorry, It's a slow day at work

Just look at everyone's signatures, a very high percentage also own XJs, particularly as DDs. So I think it's safe to say a lot of guys have "double degrees" here with a "major" in MJs and a "minor" in XJs, and the play on "degree" isn't too exaggerated because there is an incredible amount of knowledge here IMO.

And!, it has a great mix of humor; lots of fun zingers, ball breaking, sarcasm and some stupidly funny waste of time polls in discussions in The Pub (JTDesigns wants to know if you've ever had Duke's Mayo and if not what's your favorite--Vote Now!) and what not, but almost never over the top and even less frequently personal. When that rarity occurs it seems to be worked out through PMs, as it should be, and harmony remains. I liken loggin on to the CC everyday like this...........

LOL Chico! Your post hit while I was typing mine and w/out reading yours I was about to make reference to the Wisco boys like I always do, but I thought I'd let him catch on to that on his own or let somebody else throw it out there. Notice my mention of the goofy stuff we end up talking about sometimes like JT's mayo thread. Hilarious! Did you say I was corny?

Hey, I found JT's poll on mayo to be extremely informative considering the fact that I sell 37 different kinds of subs and sandwiches at my shop and never even heard of Duke's. I didn't think it was a waste of time at all. I'm actually running the same poll now, calculating, tabulating, and gaining an extreme amount of weight trying differnt kinds of mayo. Just mayo, four ounces at a time on a really big spoon. Just look at me now

Yeah please, I don't wanna ruin my virgin eyes and mindset :rotf:

Wait, I'll be right back. I just saw an avatar on here of a girl's rear end.

Ok, I'm back. Man was that CORNY! Not you Wahoo, the guy with the avatar of the girl's but. Unless of course, it was his girlfriend's rear end, then we would all be interested.

We'd be interested in knowing where she lives, not the avatar :jump: