Opinions Remove "Pioneer" Stickers/Stripes?

SuperWade2

If you bubble the paint you may as well sand and repaint it. once the bond is toasted its over. goo-gone is not needed with the eraser. it is completely gone. just wash and polish and you are done.

How many of those eraser deals did it take?

Sw2

The thing about the eraser is you need a low rpm tool.. which you can make any die grinder that with a air regulator, it just won't have alot of torque.. It would work pretty good with an 18V drill though. Hey tj does that eraser have a shaft bonded to it,or does it kinda screw into the eraser pad like a tootsie roll, or polishing pad?

Mine's not white, but it's an original 87 base model with no decals. Just a thin double pinstripe on the bodyline that is really hard to see. I prefer the no stripe, no decal, no nothing look. I took off my 4x4 emblems because I think they're redundant, it should be obvious that this thing is four wheel drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice white and blue mj's. I like the Olympic edition. But I really like the look of no rubber mouldings. Never noticed any rust on my mj but can now see bubbling above the mouldings and am planing on removing them. Nice job , both of you.

Don't use the heat. Use the wheel i used

http://www.mytoolstore.com/astro/astmat06.html

It is like a rubber eraser for your truck. It does leave alittle ghosting but if you are going to do this then you must have already decided to polished the truck. I am getting ready to do some body work and repaint. Then I am going to put a small double pinstripe down the body line that goes through the keylock. I also am going to remove the black bodyside molding.

Any words of wisdom for using the Astro Eraser Wheel thingy...mine showed up this week and If i get all the other "honey-do" list stuff done, I was going to try to get started... Bout how long should I expect it to take?

Thanks

SW2

• 4 weeks later...

a1awind, I would love to buy another mj except I have a 2dr xj, 88mj, 93 country, 2 forresters for my kids, my wife's astro, my work van and a beater 92 buick with 106k miles. Sooo, no room. I keep the mj and country at my mom's and don't want to get dis owned by her if I bring home another.

I did my entire truck in about 45 inutes to an hour. Go slow and keep it at an angle. It will get hot so let it cool off frequently. If it gets hot then it will not work properly until it cools and you get a fresh edge on it. you can melt it and then you have to get a fresh edge on it by using it on something rough. The instructions spell this out pretty well. You will be surprised by how well it works.

Black with tan int. No dents no rust at all. Needed a parts jeep and went to see it for $400 . The tranny went 1 year later and I never did use any parts. May pull the 4.0 as a builder/stroker so I can keep my 2dr running while it's being done.