Speaker size

Does anyone know what size factory speakers are mounted under the dash area?

I didn't think there were any in the Dash (not on 89 Pioneer at least)... there are "false" vents that look like speakers...

5.25 in Doors and 4x6 in Back behind the Seats...

i was thinking from 2" to 3", at least that's what they look like. i went out to double a little bit ago to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. i was thinking about replacing those (i need new speakers overall anyways), but never got around to diggin in there and actually measuring them.

they are legit speaker grills w/mounting holes back there. i think they will hold up to a 4" speaker, definitely 3" ones. I have 2" tweeters in mine, they were there when I bought it. The only bad part about tweeters there is they point down so you lose a lot of the effect of them because high frequencies are directional.

is that what the vents are in the back behind the doors? while i was out checking the speakers in the dash, i checked those things out as well. nothing in mine, i seen some cables though, and a plug for something, it didn't look like a speaker plug though.

back then i'm not sure if an AM radio even came stock, i think if you bought a base model with NO options, you got NO radio. i think you had to option up to a radio/cassette unit before you got 4 speakers. even though there are locations for speakers in the dash, i don't believe they ever even offered any for there, i.e. if you only had 2 speakers you got the 5 1/4s in the door.

well there are two box speakers that the guy put in who owned it before i did that sit on the sides under the bench seat. i don't know if the radio that was in it stock or not, it was cassette player as well, it's in the garage with the rest of the stuff that has been taken out and replaced. i have the little speakers under the dash, but nothing was put into the the doors. i know you can put them in though, when i took of the door panel to put in one of the vent windows i saw there was a place for the speak to sit.

Tweeters came on Laredo XJ. You can install 3.5" speakers. I have mine running from a small 300 watt amp that is also mounted behind the lower dash, if you don't have an auto. You could'nt hear the tweeters but the 3.5" coax sound great. They are run through there own volume control switch. Since I have an after market head unit I used the rear RCA's for the small amp.

Tweeters came on Laredo XJ. You can install 3.5" speakers. I have mine running from a small 300 watt amp that is also mounted behind the lower dash, if you don't have an auto. You could'nt hear the tweeters but the 3.5" coax sound great. They are run through there own volume control switch. Since I have an after market head unit I used the rear RCA's for the small amp.