front shocks for lifted rigs

For all you guys in the 5-6" lift range, what front shocks are you running? I need to get the "borrowed" ones I have on now off and back to Pat :D

Rough Country has a shock listed for a "4-6" lift (XJ), but the extended length is just a hair over 26", and my at-rest/static shock length now is about 23.5". Don't think that's gonna be enough, but I could get a bit more with a set of BPE's.

I don't wanna blow the budget on front shocks, either.......

Jeff

I have had the same set of Rancho RS9009's for 8 years.

They have worked out very good, I have been happy with them.

RS9009: open length 26.8", closed length 15.67", shock travel 11.13"

Shock mounting: upper stock stud type, lower eye type no bar pin

5-way adjustable - soft valving (for use in dual shock applications)

New ones are 9-way adjustable.

Valving is very good for single shock use on a MJ/XJ.

Settings: #1 is very soft, #3 is like stock and #5 is stiff

I recomend these They can be tuned to your needs and have been great.

I will be replacing these when money permits. Only because I want great shocks that are rebuildable and more fitting with my plans.

My shock of choice is Bilstein 7100 14" travel short body remote reservoir shocks and I will use limiting straps to protect them.

I also want to add some Bilstein Air Bump Stops.

thanks for the input guys, I'm keeping this thread for future info. I've got a set of RE9000's that came off an XJ in the 'yard, but they're too short :oops: (actually had 2 sets....one of them is on the front of Jerry's MJ now).

I got the RC ones delivered today, they were 34.99/ea thru JCWhitless (and they were 39.99 direct from RC :nuts: ) plus I got free shipping when I threw in a set of towhooks for the TJ. I'm gonna install these with a set of BPE's and see what travel I get. They are listed as 26.7" extended, plus the BPE's should give about another inch...we'll see. Once I determine front travel, and relocate the rear shock mounts back down to the tube with the RE brackets I have, I'm gonna do a full set of matched shocks.

The Fed Ex fairy paid me a visit today.......got all this stuff (except the cat, she was already here ;) ) for about $130 :D HVAC control panel and hooks are for da TJ, shocks and cat (converter) for da MJ jamminz.gif

Jeff

Image Not Found

how much was the cat? You know I need one bad.

Also, when you gonna wrench? This w/e? If it is raining I might bail on a trail work thing cause I am not ready for constant wet in the Mj yet. We might be able to get some stuff done in that covert shop you have access to.