Look what I got to drive today!

JohnQ

I missed out on this truck when it was on craigslist.

I drove an hour away from where I work to go and check it out. It is a 92 eliminator. The guy wants $6995 for her! :eek: It was on craigslist for $3200. What do you guy's think, should I get her?

It's a nice truck but the tranny is slipping and it has a few other issues. Well worth $4000, but not $7000.

art92comanche4.jpg

I wouldn't pay 4k for it unless it's the last one off the line or first one in 92 or something that matters. otherwise, it's just a REALLY nice comanche and a rare year, but still has just as many problems as a REALLY NICE 91 eliminator, which is not quite as rare.

Is that the place down hwy 3 with all the (overpriced) jeeps? When i asked the previous owner when could go see got an email back three days later that it was sold. And it turns out some shop buys it up, throws some moab rims on it and more than doubles the price...nice.

EDIT...yea its at the place i'm thinking of.

I missed out on this truck when it was on craigslist.

I drove an hour away from where I work to go and check it out. It is a 92 eliminator. The guy wants $6995 for her! :eek: It was on craigslist for $3200. What do you guy's think, should I get her?

I might have at the $3200, but not $6995. Well probably not at $3200 either knowing how many can be bought under a $1000.

It would have to have a rebuilt/remanufactured engine(with warranty), complete interior reconditioning/restored, suspension upgrade, and a professional custom paint job(with warranty) for the $6995.

Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice looking MJ.

At that price you could find another 92 in fair condition and restore it with some of that coin left over. Plus you get the bonus gratification of doing it yourself.

But then again, my current project has close to $5000 and counting and can't move under it's own power. :brows:

Is that the place down hwy 3 with all the (overpriced) jeeps? When i asked the previous owner when could go see got an email back three days later that it was sold. And it turns out some shop buys it up, throws some moab rims on it and more than doubles the price...nice.

EDIT...yea its at the place i'm thinking of.

Yes it is the OVERPRICED jeep lot! That guy is nuts. I talked him down a little plus he through in an extra tranny because the one it slips out of gear. There are a few flaws in the paint that they touched up with spray paint. My 88 is in nicer shape mechanically, but it has almost 25 thousand less miles. I would pay $4500 the way it sits maybe even $5000, but thats just me, I've always wanted a 92 eliminator.

what is it with Texas and over-priced jeeps! or are we talking about collins brothers here? I know everything is bigger in Texas but damn!nice truck though, just seems a bit pricey. offer him 6500 if he puts a new tranny in for you ! have any interior pic's?