Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

A family member has been wanting something to drive on the beach during the fall/ winter months, when it's allowed by permit. She's sent me a multitude of FB Marketplace ads for everything under the sun other than something Jeep. One or two I was willing to look at but they sold quicker than I could get there to look them over. I'd said a few times "you just need to find a used Cherokee, it would be perfect." Her response every time was "Jeeps are junk." Then she drove my MJ back toward the end of August... and maybe Jeeps aren't junk after all.

 

2001 XJ Sport 4WD/ AW4 with a blown up Dana 35 - $1000.00. Engine was replaced in 2016, probably due to a cracked head/ ensuing issues.

 

IMG_1516.JPG.14a39daa7194bdc837a2cbe9773f8e5e.JPG

 

IMG_1517.JPG.4a1801daa8d353e2a29c67f05fe4a124.JPG

 

IMG_1519.JPG.acda304038d4503c4d2d15adaa6d035c.JPG

 

 

Posted

Labor Day weekend a nearby LKQ yard had a 2000 XJ with a 29-spline Chrysler 8.25 under it. Everything was 1/2 off that weekend so I scooped it up for $100.

 

IMG_1578.JPG.3ca6c6144564c5eb40c262842ea12796.JPG

 

I put about 30 hours into it last week from Sunday-Sunday and got it redone...

 

IMG_1721.JPG.ffc093e851eb5d6e9a12605a13f64abf.JPG

 

IMG_1723.JPG.1a9f9132edf4a770a7fa722226a8e0ad.JPG

 

IMG_1724.JPG.cef64d9ff1eb47eb7348342f2cac2465.JPG

 

IMG_1722.JPG.77c816d19d9514200323e6e93c4062fc.JPG

 

Everything but the wheel studs, plus all new brake hardware and parking brake cables. Just need to assemble the brakes. If the 9" drums on the D35 are decent I'll re-use them, or just replace them if not. Backlash is a pitch perfect 6.5/1000ths, pattern is excellent.

Posted

New brake lines made from AGS PAC-325 roll left over from the MJ (Poly Armor Coated 3/16") with Stop Shop gravel guard. I can see I'd like to replace the other lines on the Jeep in the next 6 months as well.

 

IMG_E1686.JPG.0e55f0f1d13883fcf741698471a6919b.JPGIMG_E1726.jpg.b99fb06e18e4c351a0554df7f957d460.jpg

 

New Iron Rock Offroad plates and u-bolts, the most expensive part of the axle swap ($119 with shipping).

 

IMG_1672.JPG.c91e1cc9ce4965e68887d5a71f39db3a.JPG

 

IMG_1673.JPG.7ef3845215c2ff724de4f7ace28339dc.JPG

 

Front sway bar links rattle they're so bad. I have a new pair each for stock XJ/MJ, TJ and V8 ZJ. I'll see which is the best fit for the 3" lift that's on it. Track bar has a tiny bit of wiggle, so does the drag link, so those are on the short list. Next spring, Core 4x4 arms. There should be a number of minor issues/ fixes I can address before then.

Posted
1 hour ago, JZLAJeep said:

Looks like some successful bargain shopping!

 

I'd say so! She's pretty excited and I'm happy for her. :smile:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...