New to my Comanche

I just recently picked up a 89 2.5l i4 mj and it is my dream vehicle, I have been wanting one for a while now and looking for help for upgrades, I want to be able to do light over landing, I do plan on swapping to the i6 with 4wd as I’d like a bit more power and winters are bad near me.

It’s not in the best condition but has a semi well done Matte black finish but everything is still stock.

any suggestions would be great performance or visual.

First, welcome to the forum, glad you're here!

If this is your first MJ, or if you've had Comanches or Cherokees before, this forum is one of the best around in terms of experience and know-how. Congratulations on your recent acquisition. Universally, we suggest going through the thread Cruiser54's Renix MJ and XJ tips for a lot of things to improve reliability and driveability. Beyond that, ask lots of questions before buying parts!

Welcome!  Let us know what you need to know!

I'm not sure how much of a wrench you are, but are sure you choose the right MJ if you want to do a 4.0L 4wd swap?  It is absolutely possible to do, but I doubt it's the most economical way into owning a fairly common configuration of MJ.

I’m with pizzaman here too. Having driven a 4.0 with a 5 speed and a 2.5 with a 5 speed, the 2.5 doesn’t feel a ton slower than the 4.0. If the 2.5 runs fine, I’d run it for a little while to make sure you want to swap it. 

3 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I’m with pizzaman here too. Having driven a 4.0 with a 5 speed and a 2.5 with a 5 speed, the 2.5 doesn’t feel a ton slower than the 4.0. If the 2.5 runs fine, I’d run it for a little while to make sure you want to swap it. 

Yeah, if the 2.5 works, iron out all the kinks and get it working nice and smoothly. Bring it to car shows and Enjoy it. Hell, I made $50 at a car show contest for being the most rare / unique.

:beerchug:

32 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Hell, I made $50 at a car show contest for being the most rare / unique

Until you get a few together in one spot haha. 

2.5L is a pretty underestimated engine. I’m the resident go to on the Renix of that engine if you have trouble.