Odd noise w/video

Alright if any of you remember I have mentioned that my MJ makes a weird noise. Its kinda like a hum and its kinda bird like at the same time. Now I hope you guys will be able to hear what I was hearing. Iheard it on the vid when I played it back on the laptop speakers but then again i've been hearing it for a while so I know what I am looking for. I don't believe you can miss it and no i'm not talking about that "clankity clank" nosie for lack of better way to explain.

The noise happends when its warming up in the drive way and when I am driving. As I accerlerate it'll go up and once a certain rpm is hit it goes away. Typically taking off from a light or rolling through a parking lot. So far it doesn't matter what the out side temp is since I just fixed the heat and its 60 out today and not the usual 30 or lower in Michigan. Hope the link works. Scarface is a 88 2.5L TBI 2WD Auto.

I used to get a strange sorta humm/winney sound like that in my YJ, 2.5L with TBI.

It drove me nuts, it did it VERY randomly, no Rhime or Reason.

make a longstory short, one day I got fed up with it.

I took a can of white Lithium grease and sprayed a bunch on the shaft part of the Idler pulley.

That was two years ago and I haven't heard the noise since.

I'd have to say that Comancheman might be right on the money!

The only other thing I might ask is how old is the fan belt? an Old fan belt can do the same thing, I almost wouldn't have mentioned it, but sometimes we overlook the obvious.

Well I do believe I fixed the problem of the noise. Let it idle for a bit and drove it and got no noise. Made the belt a bit tighter since I noticed it was just a tad loose..nothing to worry about I just forgot to tighten a bolt a couple weeks of go when I was tinkering.

Well I would if I wasn't trying to get rid of my MJ so I have one less thing to worry about when I leave for basic training at the end of the month.

Yeah after I read that maybe it was something I over looked I really felt like a dumb arse since I remember thinking to my self that there couldn't be anything I missed...Good call!! :dunce: yup thats me for ya.