blown tranny

so i blew my 2nd aw4 today in my 89 comanche 4.0 and I'm thinkin about goin to an ax-15. I'm just looking for some advice from people who have done this conversion. antidisestablishmentarianism other parts will i need and what years will fit best. i may have a lead on one from a 94 yj h.o. any help is appreciated.

well the first one was due to stupidity i had a leak between the tcase and tranny rather then fixing it i just added a little fluid every now and then till one day i ran it real low and then over filled it. the frnt pump seal went and i decided to put in a spare aw-4 and np231 i had rather then replacing the seals because i always had tcase shifting problems. the replacement tranny had 180k and 20 years of neglect on it but it still shifted fine wen i bought the truck it came out of. i did a tranny service and put in some lucas tranny fluid stabilizer it drove good for awhile but ive been towing alot with it recently and it had been showing signs till 2day when it just didnt wanna move anymore.

i found a 94 xj 5spd close by that was rolled over with 90k. i may jump on this but antidisestablishmentarianism electrical issues will i have when i swap to a standard. antidisestablishmentarianism happens to the computer and the harnesses that are in mine now. and what electrical will a standard require?

I have an NV3550 that I was going to put into my 88(out of an 03 TJ), until my lazy producer wanted to switch to auto.

it inlcude tranny bellhousing , slave and master cyclinder

I paid $750.00 plus shipping if interested, let me know

Mike

upon searching this forum i believe that it is only compatible with the 4cyl. guess i should research before i ask. correct me if i am wrong though

Yup, it's compatible with the 2.5L and 2.8L only.

i found a 94 xj 5spd close by that was rolled over with 90k. i may jump on this but antidisestablishmentarianism electrical issues will i have when i swap to a standard. antidisestablishmentarianism happens to the computer and the harnesses that are in mine now. and what electrical will a standard require?

You won't have any issues. The ECU will continue to run the engine, and you'll abandon the TCU and harness.

The 94 XJ will not have a disconnect front axle, so your 4WD indicator light on the dash probbaly won't work. I don't know how to make it work, but there's probably a way.

if you want to upgrade, the NV3550 is stronger than the ax-15. the nv does have a natural noise when sitting in nuetral. after many people complaining they removed the nv to the 6 speed mopar. Jeep says it was a bad move.

If you are interested in this tranny, just let me know, I have skip posts on my on messages, so I know how you feel. no biggie

Mike