High beam "flash to pass" question

schardein

Someone who is currently 52 didn’t have LED headlights to contend with when going through driving school 😅

Anyone getting spooked by someone passing them isn’t paying enough attention to what’s in their mirrors, and it’s on them for getting spooked. If I’m doing 10 over and you’ve been sitting behind me for a couple minutes and I signal and move over to let you by when a passing lane appears, you don’t need to flash your lights at me before you go by. If you’re passing me in the oncoming lane on a 2-lane, I’ll see your turn signal before you pull out. 
Lighting up my mirrors and making me see spots is just a straight up dick move. 

But going back to my original question, when using flash to pass in an MJ, is that just when you pull on the multifunction stalk part way but not far enough to lock in the high beams? Pretty sure both my MJs and my ZJ do that but I didn’t think it was a deliberate feature that required additional parts. My 3/4 ton has the stalk you push forward to lock in high beams, so I’m constantly hitting the flash-to-pass because I’m so used to the MJ.

The Ladas are… different. Definitely don’t have flash-to-pass. There’s a second stalk behind the turn signal stalk that you flip up and down for low and high beam. Definitely haven’t smacked that by mistake while signaling. :doh: Nope, no way. :fistshake1:

I do use low beams to signal to Semis, that they can pull out. That I am clear of them. I don't like hi beams. As to the temp and Direction, some of the XJs have that in an overhead. I installed one on my "98 XJ.