I just pulled an ECU out of a 90 Cherokee (doing the upgrade for my 88 MJ) and noticed it doesn’t have the factory sticker on it but one that says it’s a Mopar rebuild from 2002. Is there anything special with these (I heard somewhere that there was a Mopar upgraded ECU at one point?) or is it the same specs as an OEM computer? Thanks!

IMG_7301.jpeg.b6c8f895d44e92210e168796c733fa42.jpeg

I wonder if it’s an ECU that was returned under a warranty claim, tested and No Trouble Found (NFT). Re-issued and placed back in the marketplace.

I installed it last night and I could noticeably tell it was idling better. Haven’t been able to actually drive it yet since I had some other stuff torn apart but I’ll report back today once I drive it. 

4 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

If that. 

If you can find the OEM number on the unit somehow, we could determine the year. 

The performance ECU had a P as a prefix FWIW. 

I looked over the case and couldn’t find any other part numbers besides the one sticker on it. Maybe I could find it if I took the case apart? It was a struggle to get it installed so I don’t really want to take it out again for a while haha