88 comanche spindles?

Howdy, anyone holding a pair of comanche 4x4 spindles/steering knuckles mine have been drilled out for some reason and no longer fit stock tie rods or drag link ends, also turns like a trash can cause of it. seems they’ve been out of production for a while and seen a few on ebay but thought Id check out if anyone here is holding onto the goods appreciate any help 

Actually kinda hard to find 89 and older knuckles. Can you measure the hole size and also see if it has a taper or is straight through? If all else fails, you can get the 90+ knuckles but will hav to swap over all the brakes as well. 

1 hour ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Actually kinda hard to find 89 and older knuckles. Can you measure the hole size and also see if it has a taper or is straight through? If all else fails, you can get the 90+ knuckles but will hav to swap over all the brakes as well. 

The holes are tapered unfortunately, the other option i’m seeing in order to make what I have work like it should is to cut down the drag link on each side about a half an inch so i can pull my pitman arm to be parallel with my frame, right now my drag link is too long so its bottomed out on each end and the pitman arm sits about 30 degrees off from parallel my only concern with that is i might have to thread the drag link deeper in order for the ends to thread deeper and finding a 7/8-18 tap and a reverse thread for the other side seems like alot of money. maybe a machine shop could cut the threads assuming they got a good lathe guy or tap

On 2/18/2024 at 11:03 AM, Everz said:

The holes are tapered unfortunately, the other option i’m seeing in order to make what I have work like it should is to cut down the drag link on each side about a half an inch so i can pull my pitman arm to be parallel with my frame, right now my drag link is too long so its bottomed out on each end and the pitman arm sits about 30 degrees off from parallel my only concern with that is i might have to thread the drag link deeper in order for the ends to thread deeper and finding a 7/8-18 tap and a reverse thread for the other side seems like alot of money. maybe a machine shop could cut the threads assuming they got a good lathe guy or tap

I had a similar issue when I got a new D30 axle, it had come with 1 ton steering and the drag link was too long as it was designed for something that had 4" of lift. What I ended up doing and it got me really close to the right length was swapping the position of the tie rod at both ends, flipping the tie rod from above to below on the knuckle and on the pitman arm side I flipped it from below to above. This maximizes the length between the two joints and allows for a longer drag link, but in order to flip the location you need tie rods that take a non-tapered bolt.