steering box seal replacement

I would just rebuild the whole thing, the seal kits are pretty cheap, you can get kits with bearings as well.
Lots of how-tos online for rebuilding a Saginaw steering gearbox. They’re not too bad to do. There’s just a few fiddly bits. Don’t lose the balls out of it, count them when they come out and as they go back in. If it’s missing one it’s going to cause problems. If you can get a plastic tray or something under it to catch them when it comes to that part it’ll help you out. 

I've done one or two. I used an Inch-LB dial torque wrench. Some of the instructions go with a mark, then turn 1/2 inch. Also, the shaft may be worn at the seal location. The lock nut should be torqued to 75-ft -lbs. I just put some Loctite on and banged the nut tight. Meaning to make something to tighten the nut and be able to keep the other part in place. 

Ill be diving into this within the next week or so on my YJ. Same box except I added hydro assist. I already replaced the pitman arm seal on my box a couple years ago. Now the input seal is shot. Thought about getting an upgraded box but quickly changed my mind after seeing the price tag. After looking at a couple other threads, it doesnt seem too bad to replace

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire