Should I Comanche?

Hi folks, I'm new here but I have built maybe 10 cars and trucks, I currently have a '67 F100 4X4 and a '92 F150 Flareside 4X4.  I came across this '89 Comanche.  It's rough looking but starts right up, runs and drives fine, has 73,000 miles on it.  I can pick it up for $2500.  It's the 4.0 automatic.  The guy put heavy springs in the rear to haul hay bales on his farm, so it's half-lifted :)).  Has A/C and it works, the rear bumper is mangled, the floorboards are fine but some small rust holes on the doors and behind the rear wheels.  Frame looks ok.  Is it worth it? ('67 pic just for the heck of it). Thanks for any words of wisdom or things I should check first.

Comanche.jpg

Comanche4.jpg

IMG_8272.jpeg

how well it was cared for means the most. :L: the fact that it runs/drives well and has working AC is a good indicator.  our trucks rot from the inside out though, so any holes you see on the outside are likely far worse in the inside.  :( 

You're right, the maintenance is key and farm miles are HARD miles. I'm going to go through the body a little more closely as it was late when I found it.  I'm reasonably handy with a torch and while I don't see body panels as readily available as for mass-produced trucks, these are pretty flat/angular so I can just cut and patch the cosmetic stuff.  Thanks I'll pay a bit more attention to the inside panels today when I go over it.

13 hours ago, TruckSaver said:

You're right, the maintenance is key and farm miles are HARD miles. I'm going to go through the body a little more closely as it was late when I found it.  I'm reasonably handy with a torch and while I don't see body panels as readily available as for mass-produced trucks, these are pretty flat/angular so I can just cut and patch the cosmetic stuff.  Thanks I'll pay a bit more attention to the inside panels today when I go over it.

Key Parts has recently brought out replacement bed patch panels, rockers, floors and other goodies for our trucks. :D