Bees

GrandBoost98

And all other sting-things(wasps, hornets etc) How do you all keep them out of your parked vehicles? This year has been especially bad. Ive never been stung in my life but was stung 4 times this year. It SUCKS to say the least lol It got to the point yesterday where I had my wife watching my back with an electric swatter while I was working in the driveway 😅 I have so many different bee species on my property, its crazy! :helpme:

I've never had issues with bees. I did twice get the fire stung out of me from a small hornets nest that was right up at the top corner of the fuel door. So as soon as I opened it it crushed the nest and they didn't stop stinging me till someone came over with a newspaper and swatted them off. The second time it happened a few months later. I to get gas opened the door and the nest was above my fuel cap. I went in the store and bought a can of WD-40 and hosed that nest down real good. 2 or 3 got out and stung me. Maybe you could coat the inside of the gas door with some chemical wasps/hornets hate?

This is interesting because this year has been beyond anything I've seen in the 9 years I've lived here.  I have killed dozens of mud dauber wasps in my house garage this year.  Just this morning, I went into the garage, grabbed my swatter, and opened the garage bay door.  In flew two wasps like they were just waiting for me to open the door.  I've gotten pretty good with a swatter and got both of them, one while it was flying.  This has been happening most of the summer.  However, I haven't been stung once this year.  I was stung 3 times last year, once was on my ear and another the back of my neck.  At my age it takes several days for the ache to go away.

I don't have any advice on how to get rid of them.  I've been waging a war of attrition with the swatter and it seems to have helped.  I've killed 8-10 in a day, but that also involves standing around in the garage for an hour.

EDIT: this year has been especially hot, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  Also, last year was a "mast" year here.  If you aren't familiar, that is when all the trees of certain species produce an inordinately large amount of fruits or nuts.  No idea if that might be related.

You might need new batteries, our electric swatter will fry them! Anything in arms reach becomes a weapon though lol I even started considering one of those bug-a-salt guns. Ive taken several nests down but they just keep coming back. I want to learn some prevention tactics.

Last one stung me right on my butt cheek! :fistshake2:

For sure. The fuel doors are absolutely awful. The people at the gas station didn't know what in the world was going on with me. Flailing my arms and swatting myself. Like I mentioned earlier one fellow came over with a newspaper and helped me. But yeah. They got me good that one time. I now carry a can of WD-40 because of it. I wonder if coating the inside of the fuel door with wasp killer or bug killer it would kill them if they made a nest in there again. Because man I tell you what. People thought I was out there acting a fool when I was in serious pain!

3 of my 8 vehicles have been claimed by bees this year but only one had a nest in the fuel door. The others have been in the engine bay, grill, fender and they love my trailer too. Ive found nests under the trailers fenders, under the deck, in the tubes..everywhere

I knew the stings would hurt but man I was not expecting that! And then another week of sore, swollen itchyness. I guess it could always be worse. Atleast I didnt need a trip to the emergency room