South GA junkyard finds.

Ok first off…. I can’t pull any parts.  It was 97 degrees today.  May hit 100 tomorrow.  I would love to do it for you but I can’t.  I spent one hour there today looking for a few things and it about killed me.  But if you are built for the heat.  These are at Cash-n-Carry in Savannah.  An ‘88 XJ model with low original miles.  It had a 2016 tag on it, so probably accurate.. first unbroken console lid I have ever seen in a yard.

and a 2000 XJ with a very nice front clip. 2wd…

IMG_9339.jpeg

IMG_9335.jpeg

IMG_9338.jpeg

IMG_9341.jpeg

IMG_9342.jpeg

nice!  looks like a lot of good parts there if someone was brave enough. :L:  just need to get there at opening time.  :grinyes:

I once melted the soles of my shoes apart on a 100* sunny day in a junkyard in Louisiana.  :crazy:   but by gum I got that ARB bumper. :D 

That heat is no joke.  I just completed a 1600 miles parts hunting trip.  At the end of 3 days straight of pulling parts in the junkyards, I ended up a casualty from the heat.  It took me three days to recover.  I was drinking water and it wasn't enough.  I guess age is catching up with me.  My mind thinks I can still do it, but my body said nope.

7 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

How much? Out here you have to consume close to a gallon to avoid any of the heat effects and even then it’s still a risk. 

Obviously not enough.  I was sleeping in my truck for two nights as well, with no AC, just the windows rolled down.  I think it was that combined with three days in a row working in the JYs from 0800-1600 that did me in.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:05 PM, Pete M said:

I'm usually very good at consuming fluids and reapplying sunscreen and all that when out in the heat... unless I'm in a junkyard.  too much distraction apparently.  :laugh:

I have to say this statement applies to me as well!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...