Possible 90 XJ Laredo purchase

Warren99

I finally stopped by to ask about an XJ that's been sitting for as long as I can remember. It's a 1990 Laredo, 2wd automatic. I only was able to take a quick glance, as the owner is currently living with someone else while his nephew is watching over their property. What I'm hoping for is that it doesn't run. Being a 4.0 with 168k miles, I can probably get it running. I'm thinking that the paint might come out decent, but am more hopeful for the interior to come around pretty nice with a good cleaner that I have. 

- If it doesn't run and I'm able to get it for cheap, what's a realistic price I could sell it for after I get it running and clean it up real nice? I don't want to just flip it right away, I think it could be a decent daily, but if I had to I wanna make sure I don't have more into it than what the realistic selling price is. 

Also, I think I can get some white fender flares from the junkyard.

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_5349.jpg

19 minutes ago, Classy Comanche said:

How's the frame? Does it appear to have rust on the rockers/floor pans? It looks rough but has potential. I wonder if the wiring looks half decent?

Not sure, that's the one thing I somehow forgot to check, but I got the build sheet from JMO and apparently it was originally a California car. The hood was like binding almost like it was hitting the cowel so I didn't force it, but it seemed like everything was there. 

9 minutes ago, The86manche said:

That thing actually looks pretty minty! She just needs a thorough cleanup and I bet she will look real good again!

Thats what I'm hoping for. I'm confident in the interior bc there isn't a single burn or tear on the seats, those should come out nice!

1 minute ago, Warren99 said:

Not sure, that's the one thing I somehow forgot to check, but I got the build sheet from JMO and apparently it was originally a California car. The hood was like binding almost like it was hitting the cowel so I didn't force it, but it seemed like everything was there. 

Thats what I'm hoping for. I'm confident in the interior bc there isn't a single burn or tear on the seats, those should come out nice!

My only worry would be that the passenger window is half down. That carpet has to come out asap