I agree if you are really going to run 500hp then you will probably need Dana 60 full float axles. The 44 is a strong axle especially with RCV axles and could work if you truss it and beef up the knuckles with gussets. The 60 is a much heavier axle weighing in at 565lb for the pair compared to around 300lb for D44's. It will handle 500hp with ease. Really depends on how you plan to use the finished MJ.

On another note, an AX15 will never handle 500hp. 320hp with the HD upgrades is about as high as it will go. Not sure about the NP231. I am guessing you will be maxxing that out too. I would consider an Atlas II transfer case. 

superduty axles are very popular these days.  they are becoming semi-plentiful in the junkyards. :L:  just make sure you don't accidentally buy the dana 50 front axle, which was used in some superdutys.  they all have a metric 8bolt wheel pattern, so I would grab the 10.5 rear axle to go with it.  (I think it was the 10.25 that was the smaller axle used on some).  my buddy had an '03 with the 60/10.5 combo and it tore me up a little that he junked it after the accident rather than build something with it.  :( 

https://torqueking.com/category/2005-2016-ford-dana-super-60-front-axle-id/#:~:text=Ford uses Dana Super 60,F550 Super Duty 4x4 trucks.

• 5 months later...

The 91 was changed up a bit, going to leave it mostly stock. Pouring the $$ into the Comanche Camper project.

The Eliminator is getting some new front brakes, bearings and seals for the D30. New front bumper and fitting the fenders, adjusting the 97 XJ doors, installing some rollers so I can prep it for paint.  New Carpet next week and new Corbeau seats have been ordered. I will post more pictures as work progresses.

91 truck start.PNG

back together.PNG

brake claipers.PNG

brake redo.PNG

Dada 30 redo.PNG

front end pic.PNG

New 3rd menber seals.PNG

new bumper fitted 2.PNG

roller tires installed.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2023 at 10:12 PM, jeepin4on4 said:

Grabbed a set of Milestar Patagoina 35x12.5x15 very hard to fine but I found 5. Put them on to see how she will look. Still working on suspension and steering so another month before I can take it out in the dirt. 

Pic 4.PNG

Pic 5.PNG

That looks tough. nice work on the tailgate too :beerbang:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...