rear bumper

I know another rear bumper thread, what are good replacement bumpers, particularly step style with the little diamond plate design on top bumper sources? They can be Ranger, S1- Cherokee Dakota I don't care as long as looks similar and the fit is right, I'm not worried about mounting, I can fab/weld that. p.s. not a fan of the Gladiator rear bumper swap. New vendor or used, don't care. Mines been hit pretty hard.

I've looked at Craigslist and marketplace in my area.

something like this....

2023-02-01_184819.jpg

1 minute ago, acfortier said:

I think you'll need the brackets, too? Not sure how they hook up.

maybe, Summit didn't have them, would have to either order through Summit from the manufacture or direct. I'm going to see what I need after removal of bumper, I may already have what I need.

I think results weren't popping up for you because you have an 86. Does the 86 have different mounting points/brackets than the 87+? I know some of the unibody frame is different around the front of the vehicle.

The brackets you may need are 97900, but you may be able to use your factory hardware....

The Fey bumper has 2 sets of mounting points, so you should be able to get it to fit. Maybe you'll have to use some spacers? When I added a hitch to my MJ I had to fab some 1/2" spacers because the bumper wouldn't fit on the original brackets in the same position, because of the added width of the hitch plates.

4 hours ago, armyvet25 said:

I may also undercoat the inside of the bumper regardless of how it comes, to give it some added protection from rust out when it catches everything that tends to sit inside the bumper before it gets cleaned out

Yes, my bumper always catches stuff and I make sure to clean it out every time the Comanche gets washed.

I love Summit Racing here in Talmadge Ohio, the epitome of professionalism, I talked to the guy on the phone to make sure I was getting the right application, and he even took my order over the phone even though I have an online account with them, and Voila---it will be here TODAY!!!!