Cruise control wiring question

So I did the 95/96 XJ booster upgrade to my 89 MJ except that I didn't do any of the modifications to the booster rod.  Instead I put in an inline pressure switch in the brake line which turns on the brake lights when I push on the pedal and the switch detects a change in pressure.  The switch and brake lights work great.  The problem is that because I by passed the electrical switch on the pedal my cruise control quit working.  Does anyone know how I need to wire it so that it will function?  Any help will be appreciated. 

28 minutes ago, 90comancheman said:

So I did the 95/96 XJ booster upgrade to my 89 MJ except that I didn't do any of the modifications to the booster rod.  Instead I put in an inline pressure switch in the brake line which turns on the brake lights when I push on the pedal and the switch detects a change in pressure.  The switch and brake lights work great.  The problem is that because I by passed the electrical switch on the pedal my cruise control quit working.  Does anyone know how I need to wire it so that it will function?  Any help will be appreciated. 

So the original brake switch has two switches, a normally open switch that closes when the brakes are depressed for lights, and a normally closed that opens when depressed for cruise canceling. 

How comfortable are you with wiring? The easiest solution I can think of uses a relay that's triggered by your existing pressure switch

You need to make a jumper from your "new" pressure switch to your brake light switch. The cruise control leads don't have any power unless it's connected to the brake switch with the old connector plugged in. If you jumper power from your "new" pressure/brake switch to the old prongs on the brake switch, it should work fine. Just make sure you have the correct polarity, if you don't your brake lights won't turn off. 

I had to do something similar when I was wiring up my CC kit. This was a temp fix. I'm not using the stock brake switch at all, rather a GM/TCC switch with the oem CC pressure valve switch. The brown connector on the bottom of the pic is from the CC, it's what is usually connected to the brake switch, along with another identical brown connector for power to the brake switch itself.

20221218_120618.jpg.30949a898f61b3867f0bec9b7734c5b8.jpg