Rear Chrome Step Bumper in decent shape urgently needed

ArcticMonkey

Hi all,

I managed to get run over by my own boat trailer (image that???) leaving the right hand side of the bumper in tears...I have been keeping my truck in really good shape and she is an original survivor with about 80k miles on the clock...I have tried several auto salvage yards and interwebs, to no avail. Please, do any of you happen to know of a piece of chromed metal similar to what I have? Step bumper, no dents, chrome intact? My left arm or right foot is coming your way if you can spare me a bumper...(or if you prefer less flesh...cash is available too)

bulk.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

all repair shops I have been talking to are not willing to take on the job because the part is too long for their Chrome bath at 1620mm. Man...I guess I will have to go mod the $#!& out the car, put it on 33"s , have som rails and and rip off all that chrome.

• ArcticMonkey changed the title to Rear Chrome Step Bumper in decent shape urgently needed

There are places that will easily fix that. Many re-chrome shops also offer bumper straightening as part of their service. Think of all the classic cars out there with newly chromed bumpers, those bumpers were not all perfectly straight prior to their re-chrome! 

On 11/23/2022 at 4:52 AM, 500 MJ said:

There are places that will easily fix that. Many re-chrome shops also offer bumper straightening as part of their service. Think of all the classic cars out there with newly chromed bumpers, those bumpers were not all perfectly straight prior to their re-chrome! 

He's in Norway though, so the availability of places in-country may be slim, and having to outsource outside the border may be super expensive.

EDIT- or are you Canada now, judging by the license plate?