91 MJ rescue mission

shelbyluvv

My buddy Jason reached out to me with a Facebook marketplace listing asking if it was a good deal for this truck. Just by looking at the pics I knew it was overpriced. I also knew that the HO MJ is always valuable and a good candidate to save. I talked back and forth with the seller and we agreed on a price that was good for both parties. The plan was set into motion and we went off to save the truck.

When we got there I realized it had no brakes and the CTS wiring were in bad shape. Being a HO the CTS is the brains behind the ECU and it would cause all kinds of issues. The PO stated it got hot on him one day while it was idling in the driveway. Fast test was done and it was just a low coolant and air block issue. Easy fix. I then "fixed" the CTS plug enough to make the 2 hour drive home. 

The brakes were a different story. Popping the master reveals it had no rear brake fluid in it. It has all new wheel cylinders and lines. I looked at the proportioning valve and it was pointed straight to the sky. That explains why they couldn't get the rears to bleed. I wired the valve in place and the rears bleed just as the should.

At this point it was dark and time to make the drive home. We made it a few miles and stopped to fill the tank. The new owner said the temp was a bit high. While he was getting gas I popped the cap and let it idle to get the last bit of air out of the system. The rest of the trip was uneventful and it made it home without an issue.

I didn't mention that I threw my back out on Monday and it is still sore as hell. The DSL WK2 was so comfortable to drive home with my hurt back. The heated seats were amazing. The 32 mpg helps ease the pain as well. I am so happy I bought this one after the Hemi Trialbird was totaled.

IMG_20220923_193607844.jpg

IMG_20220923_193624796.jpg

IMG_20220923_193635741.jpg

IMG_20220923_193614136.jpg

IMG_20220923_193653147.jpg